Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ITS HARD TO EXPLAIN BUT AT STEADY 3/4 THROTTLE ABOUT 6000 RPM MY SLED WILL HICK-UP, PAUSE OR HESITATE FOR A MILI SECOND. IT DOES IT MORE UNDER A LOAD (UP A HILL) THAN A FLAT SURFACE. DOES ANYBODY NOTICE THIS? WHAT DO YOU THINK IT IS? THANKS FOR THE HELP. PS TURNED MY FUEL SCREWS IN 1/2 TURN AND MY AIR SCREWS OUT 1/2 TURN IT HELPED A TON WITH LOW END BOG

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
brad,
i think its the powervalves opening and closing at that rpm, and when holding a steady throttle they dont know whether to stay open or close , im pretty sure they open in the 6000 range

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
F5 SnoPro,

I thought that was what it was also, if you listen carefully, you can almost hear them opening..... makes like a different exhaust noise...... and its not so much a hesitation, its more the opposite, for me at least.....

Just goin along around there, and when they open, and you give 'er a little squeeze, HANG ON TIGHT!!! LOL

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
steve,
i know what you mean, if you listen carefully it sounds like a quick exhaust shield vibration but only for a second, lol. your right though its more of a surge..........

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Dec 11 2002, 04:50 PM
brad,
i think its the powervalves opening and closing at that rpm, and when holding a steady throttle they dont know whether to stay open or close , im pretty sure they open in the 6000 range
perf manual says they activate at approx 6800-6900 RPM

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
i saw that too but i think what its supposed to mean is that they are fully open at 68, not sure, but i do know thats what im feeling in the 6000 rpm range

·
Registered
236 Posts
My 5 has a low end bog that needs to be addressed. Ill try the screws and see if tat helps. My valves open around 7300. Need adjusting????

1 - 10 of 10 Posts