Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello - I am curious to see if anyone can observe/report
their mpg on their F1100 Turbos. Anywhere from reserved
to aggressive riding observations are welcomed. Also, I am curious to know what sort of break-in period should you allow for a new F1100 Turbo. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Running fairly hard I saw 8-9mpg and the best was going to Lake Cranberry from Old Forge, 14mpg, stock. This year I am boosted and opened the exhaust. Hopefully the MPG will be better.

Break in, just did not hammer it for 300 miles and no super long pulls. Everyone has their own break in. Mostly has to do with heat cycles and tempering but I have seen half mile pulls with 30 minutes on the engine, your choice.

·
Banned
8,665 Posts
mine is in the low teens, 11-14. it's a z1 turbo so a little different but same engine. i ride aggressive but smooth. for break in, i would just do it like a 2 stroke, keep the rpm and load varying for a couple tanks with some short pulls.
then hammer down. it'll keep loosening up and getting quicker for a while after break in.

·
Registered
270 Posts
My brand new TZ1 with the same motor is getting about 8mpg with less than 80miles on the clock. I'd imagine this to be normal for breakin, considering all the parts on the machine are as tight and new as they're gonna get!
Hoping to see 15mpg or better when she's loosened up.
We don't have open trails or frozen water around here, but I'm lucky to have an old railbed that I can do 30 mile return trips, to do my breakin.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
I'm assuming you guys saw better as your sleds racked up the miles.

'10 turbo sno pro with about 3,000 miles, gets 15-16 no matter how I ride it. The only time it's differed is I got about 13 on one tank when I spent a lot of time off trail. Gotta love this setup...hope the '17s prove to be as good for Cat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts