Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello my Arctic Cat Brothers! The Golden Child here to report the first battle of the 2007 season. I'm sorry to report that in every type of race we tried this weekend, the Mach Z was superior to the F1000. We raced 660 ft, we raced 1/2 mile. Both times the Mach Z was able to pull away from the F1000. I don't want any of you to think that these results are the end all to your season and that the Mach Z is unbeatable. On December 29th in Pittsburg NH on Back Lake Chad O's Mach Z was better than my F1000, end of discussion. Both sleds were strapped down and both were loaded with chisel tooth studs. In 660 feet, the Mach Z was able to leave on the F1000 by a sled and a half and hold that lead to the finish line. In Half mile runs the Z was able to leave the starting line and once the sleds reached 100 mph the Mach could creep away to about three sled lengths. Chad and I have agreed to unstrap the sleds and get ready to go trail riding and compare the two sleds in the woods and on the lake in stock ride height. I'll report back once we get some results in the future. Happy New Year to you all. :beer:

Here are some pics of Chad and Roy Oliver's Mach Z and F1000 on Back Lake...

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Good (but sad!) report. Oh well, at least you guys got to get out and HAVE a little fun... win, draw, or lose! Refresh my memory – how many miles on the Cat and what if any mods? How was the RPM/clutching – close? – Roy

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
To answer some questions about these sleds, the Fcat has D+D trail port, Y pipe and single combo with Bulls eyes. I tried the clutching that D+D had at the time but I personally feel that it wasn't the best clutching for what I was trying to do. The F1000 could not grab the belt due to the chassie being almost rigid. The sled could not spin with the chisel tooth studs so the belt would slip on the start. The Mach Z would shoot out and the F1000 could not make up the advantage. On long runs the F1000 would run with the Mach until 100 mph then the Mach could start to slowly pull away. The Mach Z is equiped with Crank shop twins and A2Z trail porting. Chad has his own cobination as far as clutching goes and he really is good when it comes to the technical side of things. I really hope you guys aren't to upset with this report. I can tell you that for a single piped sled on it's maiden voyage out on the lake it showed it's got potential. I'll be willing to bet that you guys that have D+D y pipe's and single pipes in stock ride height will give any Mach Z more than they can handle. We just need a little time to sort some things out and I'll do my best to help any of you out. Thanks to Glenn Hall and the guys from D+D, we're just getting started! :beer:

·
Registered
968 Posts
LOL... had me worried... I assumed you were talking about a mostly STOCK Mach Z... whew! Any idea what kinda' hp the Doo is making? – Roy[/b]
you should worrie went
rideing in monts vallin last week got to ride a new f1000 with d&d cluthc kit and y pipe it a good sled rode nice handdle good but my 2007 machzx was a little better

machzx 225 miles 144 studs clutch set on 2
the f1000 320 miles d&d clutch kit y pipes

i chould pull the f1000 in a 1/4 mile by about 2-3 sled length

as far as ride and handdling thier close with the mach being better in the flat groom trails and shutter bumps and the cat better in the big moguls.and yes the cat dose feel lighter in the front but the doo get better mpg the only time i notice the weight was in the real rough stuff .

i spent about 50- miles on the f1000 snow pro it a good sled, but it did have a vibration that the machzx dose not have. my opion this is the best sled cat ever built.

·
Premium Member
3,084 Posts
To answer some questions about these sleds, the Fcat has D+D trail port, Y pipe and single combo with Bulls eyes. I tried the clutching that D+D had at the time but I personally feel that it wasn't the best clutching for what I was trying to do. The F1000 could not grab the belt due to the chassie being almost rigid. The sled could not spin with the chisel tooth studs so the belt would slip on the start. The Mach Z would shoot out and the F1000 could not make up the advantage. On long runs the F1000 would run with the Mach until 100 mph then the Mach could start to slowly pull away. The Mach Z is equiped with Crank shop twins and A2Z trail porting. Chad has his own cobination as far as clutching goes and he really is good when it comes to the technical side of things. I really hope you guys aren't to upset with this report. I can tell you that for a single piped sled on it's maiden voyage out on the lake it showed it's got potential. I'll be willing to bet that you guys that have D+D y pipe's and single pipes in stock ride height will give any Mach Z more than they can handle. We just need a little time to sort some things out and I'll do my best to help any of you out. Thanks to Glenn Hall and the guys from D+D, we're just getting started! :beer:

quote]

Roy, I think Im going try to Convince Mark T. and Dennis k. to retrieve the Turbo yam and HTG (300 hp now?) Edge from there safe resting beds at OForge powersports, and make a a trip ..to some ice....somewhere..!(?) ..

BOB D.
BTW....hope 2 see u guys mabe after NewYears..(Weather or not?).[/

·
Banned
995 Posts
ROY! WHAT TRACK ON YOUR F-1000? I SEE THAT ITS A SNO-PRO. HOW DOES THE REAR SUSPENSION TRANSFER THE WEIGHT? AS A RULE, SNO-PRO,S REAR SUSPENSION IS SO STIFF IT DOSEN,T TRANSFER THE WEIGHT BACK LIKE A STANDARD DOES, AT LEAST THAT,S WHAT I HAVE EXPERIENCED WITH MY 05, F-7 SNO-PRO. ALSO , HOW DID YOU STRAP DOWN THE SUSPENSIONS FOR DRAG RACING? GOOD LUCK THE REST OF THE SEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!HAWK!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,239 Posts
You got a F1000 with NO dial in time that makes about 190-195 HP, you got a MachZ with twins and porting that makes 210+ Hp(??) with 2 years of dial-in time,,, I think thats a DARN GOOD showing on the F1000. JMO. ,,,,, both are faster than what I got.--- and cost alot more too! snap

·
Registered
968 Posts
You got a F1000 with NO dial in time that makes about 190-195 HP, you got a MachZ with twins and porting that makes 210+ Hp(??) with 2 years of dial-in time,,, I think thats a DARN GOOD showing on the F1000. JMO. ,,,,, both are faster than what I got.--- and cost alot more too! snap[/b]
if you read d&d info on those mods you will see that the hp on the cat whould be abot 200-205 hp and i think the doo is close to 205hp so their realy no avantage in hp.

·
Premium Member
38,064 Posts
I have heard that once you eliminate traction problems ie> (chisel studs) that the belt will slip. Give it a little time and the clutching guru's will get this figured out.

Thanks for sharing the pre-season report. (If we ever get a season of course)

·
Premium Member
522 Posts
I've been hearing reports that this yellow belt that comes on the 1000 cat is very durable and does not blow at high speeds like some others did during testing,....but it takes a long time to get broken in and shaped up. Be sure to run deflection on the tight side and check it often as belt breaks in. Add some shims to tighten deflection.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I've been hearing reports that this yellow belt that comes on the 1000 cat is very durable and does not blow at high speeds like some others did during testing,....but it takes a long time to get broken in and shaped up. Be sure to run deflection on the tight side and check it often as belt breaks in. Add some shims to tighten deflection.[/b]
Thanks Helix! I'm hoping these new NEVER blow for the $$$$$$$$$$ we're paying for them! – Roy

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
I have heard that once you eliminate traction problems ie> (chisel studs) that the belt will slip. Give it a little time and the clutching guru's will get this figured out.

Thanks for sharing the pre-season report. (If we ever get a season of course)[/b]
The biggest traction problem with the f1000 is the coupler blocks, we gained multiple sled lengths by removing them. Even with 204 45 deg. modified carbides and chisels, no hookup with the couplers in. With them out, sled is an animal out of the hole.

Thanks Helix! I'm hoping these new NEVER blow for the $$$$$$$$$$ we're paying for them! – Roy[/b]

With Bosssho's f1000 this weekend we ran at least 20+, 3000+ ft. runs, WFO the entire time. Zero issue's, speedwerx Y pipe and boondocker richend up across the board. I was very impressed with the sled. We had an above average stockish 03 ZR9, F1000 eats it bad. 4 sleds in 600 feet(and pulling like a freight train) and 6-8 sleds across the lake.
Just as a side note, I've heard of people grounding the boondocker to the reed block, since the ground will not reach a chassis point. Do not do this, the boondocker must be grounded to the chassis to function properly, its also in bold letters in the directions not to ground to the engine.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Im thinkin alot of this had to do with getting power to the ground goldenchild you said it your self the Mach Z is WELL clutched and you werent sure with your clutch set up.... if we ever get sno people and companies are going to be able to test some better clutch set ups if you were hanging in there within 2-3 sled lenghts then guess what your doing GREAT! :beerchug: ive seen a well clutched stock sled do alot of damage to bigger more HP sleds keep playin around thats only one battle won so far

ps. doesnt sound like you have any snow but at least you have ice! im a little jelous!

·
Registered
582 Posts
The biggest traction problem with the f1000 is the coupler blocks, we gained multiple sled lengths by removing them. Even with 204 45 deg. modified carbides and chisels, no hookup with the couplers in. With them out, sled is an animal out of the hole.
With Bosssho's f1000 this weekend we ran at least 20+, 3000+ ft. runs, WFO the entire time. Zero issue's, speedwerx Y pipe and boondocker richend up across the board. I was very impressed with the sled. We had an above average stockish 03 ZR9, F1000 eats it bad. 4 sleds in 600 feet(and pulling like a freight train) and 6-8 sleds across the lake.
Just as a side note, I've heard of people grounding the boondocker to the reed block, since the ground will not reach a chassis point. Do not do this, the boondocker must be grounded to the chassis to function properly, its also in bold letters in the directions not to ground to the engine.[/b]
ouff 3000ft runs with no coupler blocks?? hope u were studded otherwise unless u were strapped down i don't it would be very driveable

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello my Arctic Cat Brothers! The Golden Child here to report the first battle of the 2007 season. I'm sorry to report that in every type of race we tried this weekend, the Mach Z was superior to the F1000. We raced 660 ft, we raced 1/2 mile. Both times the Mach Z was able to pull away from the F1000. I don't want any of you to think that these results are the end all to your season and that the Mach Z is unbeatable. On December 29th in Pittsburg NH on Back Lake Chad O's Mach Z was better than my F1000, end of discussion. Both sleds were strapped down and both were loaded with chisel tooth studs. In 660 feet, the Mach Z was able to leave on the F1000 by a sled and a half and hold that lead to the finish line. In Half mile runs the Z was able to leave the starting line and once the sleds reached 100 mph the Mach could creep away to about three sled lengths. Chad and I have agreed to unstrap the sleds and get ready to go trail riding and compare the two sleds in the woods and on the lake in stock ride height. I'll report back once we get some results in the future. Happy New Year to you all. :beer:
Here are some pics of Chad and Roy Oliver's Mach Z and F1000 on Back Lake...

[/b]
Any trail riding there in Pittsburgh?

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Guys,

Goldenchild and Chad are brothers. Both Race and have been for a long time. A LONG time...and Roy has done it under sponsorship (Chad may have but I don't know him like I know Roy) so Roy does not need help with how to launch or break in a sled or whatever. I am not being a Dick by saying that, just letting the nice people on here that are trying to help him break in his new F1000 or get it to launch right know they don't need to go there.

Chad was on Roy's old Mach Z...that very same Mach Z would beat my Hooper 1035 ZR in 1000' by 4-5 sleds....it is an Animal...Roy forgets this b/c he was on i t for 2+ years and you get so used to something like that you forget how friggen sick it is and how well it goes. The guys and Land N Sea in CT know their stuff immensely and so does Roy's brother Chad...that much I know about Chad from watching him at Turkey Pond last year and talking to Roy.

So...to anyone reading this thread who has an F1000...don't worry...and if you have a Mach Z and think you will kill all F1000s don't think that either. I am going to poist my write up on the weekend in a new thread b/f I call it a night. :beerchug:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts