Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally found a little snow near the Brainerd MN area and put a whopping 27 miles on! I am impressed by the handling and ride of this sled!!!

To Make a long story short,the snow conditions where poor(2") and the lake was glare ice. I noticed that every 20 minutes or so the temp light started blinking. I stopped and let it cool off of course and then fired it up and ran okay.. I have checked the coolant,added water wetter and it still has this problem.... I HOPE it is because of the poor snow conditions? Or maybe just not enough cooling period?

Is anyone else having the same problem?

·
Banned
2,072 Posts
I finally found a little snow near the Brainerd MN area and put a whopping 27 miles on! I am impressed by the handling and ride of this sled!!!

To Make a long story short,the snow conditions where poor(2") and the lake was glare ice. I noticed that every 20 minutes or so the temp light started blinking. I stopped and let it cool off of course and then fired it up and ran okay.. I have checked the coolant,added water wetter and it still has this problem.... I HOPE it is because of the poor snow conditions? Or maybe just not enough cooling period?

Is anyone else having the same problem?[/b]

Running on bare ice and conditions you state there is not many sleds that wont overheat. That is just the way it will be no matter what brand you run. Need snow to spray and cool down the heat exchangers and your not getting that in those conditions. At least you got to ride it though. Drove mine on the trailer and then into the garage and that is my extent of sledding so far this year.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
yup for sure,, the rear exchanger needs snow,, and a lot of it,, its the major way of cooling it down,, big ccs to cool down too as well ..i wouls say normal,, if you allready did the air extractor blurp thing..

·
Registered
177 Posts
add Engine Ice Hi-Perf. cooler ($18) work great.
I had two friends that had 03 Rev 800X's and they did the beaver delete kit, first ride the sleds both were over heating (we were racing on the lake) A guy at a bar mentioned this (ICE) we went to town and found some at a polaris dealer and they never had a problem again. I guess it coates your heat exchangers for better anti-freeze flow. I've added it to my sleds too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.