Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a new 08' F1000 and absolutley love the sled. Probably the best out of the box sled I have ever rode, but a couple of my buddies also got new 1000's and I want to be faster. I was thinking Y-pipe, can, reeds, and clutch but didn't know what to go with. I don't want to get too extensive because I don't want to have to run a boondocker, just need some opinions. Speedwerx vs. D&D VF III vs. Boysen Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
I just put on Speedwerx Y and removed the backing plate in the air intake. A MAJOR difference! I also turned my oil pump rod out 3 turns. My fuel/oil ratio was 24:1, now its between 45-50:1. I am adding the top end performance kit this coming thursday which adds 2 more wheels, 4-74 gram weights and a 46/40 helix. Will let you know how it is. From what I understand, these sleds don't really benefit from v-force reeds.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Does removing the backing plate on the air intake alone make a difference or is it something to be done in conjunction with a Y-Pipe ??

08 F1000

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advise, I really haven't heard much about reeds on these sleds so I wasn't sure. But any more opinions are definitely appreciated. :beer_cheers:

·
Premium Member
1,892 Posts
Toofastf7tr on here is playing with one right now and it's fast!!! He gps'd 123 on a hard packed service rd, pm him or maybe he'll post if he see's this! I don't think you want to run a y-pipe without the boondocker....the mapping is totally different then the 07's! You'll be able to do the y-pipe mod forsure though and try some clutching too!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts