Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone check out the Engine-Tech 700 to 900 kit....check out there site www.engine-tech.com

"Engine-Tech has been in development building and testing a 900 Billet Cylinder Top End kit for the M/F7. The power and torque that this kit produces is unreal for the size with HP in the mid 180s and torque in the mid 120s for mountain twin pipe setup and just under 170hp on pump gas single pipe setup. The combination of Engine-Tech's billet cylinders and cast piston will make this no case mod reliable as stock."

http://www.engine-tech.com/acF9.htm pictures on the dyno..

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Not that impressed, bikeman's kit is making the same numbers. The billet is pretty kool though. Nice to see another big bore product in the mix. :div20:

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
This kit is very impressive. Engine Tech manufactures their very own cast pistons eliminating the continuous problems with aftermarket forged. I run this kit on the asphalt and if you do any research on Engine Tech you will see Art delivers real HP numbers with very satisfied customers. You cannot go wrong with this kit.

ptm

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Originally posted by lucky luke@Aug 27 2005, 12:50 PM
Are you doing ok whit this kit Puddy?  What times are you getting now? Are you hitting the 9 second target???
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849773
[/quote]

Stan's hitting 9's now, infact I think 9.77 at 128 was his best so far....numerous 9.9's
Asphalt racing has a lot to do with power, and he definately has the power!! But these guys are continually trying different setups...just wait untill it snows!!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
He and Stone (Ernie) work on it, mostly on Boondocker settings I suppose. He can tell you more later today, he's not home!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
luke

The kit is awesome. Great real power and our best of [email protected] 128.9 at 736 lbs is impressive. Lighter driver and shed a bit off the sled ET would even be better. We have been constantly changing things with the chassis and Boondockers in the very short time we have been out. We are currently using SLP for the tar with Jaws pipes for it on the way.

ptm

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Originally posted by sledhead20@Aug 26 2005, 07:42 PM
Not that impressed, bikeman's kit is making the same numbers. The billet is pretty kool though. Nice to see another big bore product in the mix. :div20:
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=849157
[/quote]

Not that impressed huh? This Engine-tech F9 has been out on the pavement for around 6 weeks, trouble free, getting faster and faster!
I also don't see any BMP F8's out there. Besides puddytat's Engine tech F9, there's just Looney's stroker F9 D&D and Dead1dave's D&D F9 (860cc??) out there running around. Each laying down 'impressiveness' in there quarter miles times over and over again! Where are the Bikeman F9's? Wait for the snow before you get so impressed. :no_bashing:

edit, damn spelling!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
To be honest, I wouldnt trust anyone except Art on performance stuff, I was at his house today and he was telling me about the f9 that Stan is running..pretty impressive..and like was mentioned..they are not "glorified" HP numbers, Art tells it like it is, hopefully we will be able to drag him out of the shop this winter to do some riding!!

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I have travelled to many events in the past months and even last year at some of the shows I have never heard a negative thing about Engine Tech and Art. Even Greg at Jaws has said his 1160 is one of the best motors he has ever dynoed and that says a lot. Factor in exclusive to Crazy Mouuntain Extreme his motors are proven winners.

When dynoing this motor I have never seen a motor dynoed like this before. Hot pull after hot pull and sometimes multiple pulls without shutting down I was utterly amazed and have never seen anyone dyno like this before not even close. This is real world testing with real world heat soaked motor.

The 900 ET billet motor has been in production for 3 years now for the Polaris. While things are different between the Cat and the Polaris anyone using the Crank Shop 900 cast cylinder is using the Polaris based cylinder with huge hand cut modifications. Art while making changes to meet the Firecat requirements simply programs that into the CNC machine for exact duplication of what works. Factor in the fact he manufactures his own cast pistons is a huge advantage over all others having to use weiscos in my opinion. Give him a call you will not be disappointed.

ptm

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Originally posted by 87gtNOS@Aug 28 2005, 06:40 PM
Not that impressed huh?  This Engine-tech F9 has been out on the pavement for around 6 weeks, trouble free, getting faster and faster! 
I also don't see any BMP F8's out there.  Besides puddytat's Engine tech F9,  there's just Looney's stroker F9 D&D and Dead1dave's D&D F9 (860cc??) out there running around.  Each laying down 'impressiveness' in there quarter miles times over and over again!    Where are the Bikeman F9's?  Wait for the snow before you get so impressed. :no_bashing:

edit, damn spelling!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=851116
[/quote]

I wasn't bashing one bit........just stating my opinion :dunno:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts