Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and have to tell you after reading too many reports of theft down there, I had to join and post. I believe there is a serious crime spree happening there. My two friends travelled there a few weeks ago on a saturday to put on a few miles....the 15th of December or so. They left their filled gas cans( 2 of them) in the back of our 2003 chevrolet 2500 4x4, and low and behold they were both gone when they returned. They also noticed that the front hub cover( 8 threaded caps to remove) were removed to the tune of $200.00 per side to replace from the dealer. I've read a lot about tailgates, fuel, wheels etc., etc., when is someone going to set these thieve's up and give them a kick in the head?????????????????

·
Registered
12,141 Posts
Hide and when they come, 10 of the locals step out of hiding with police type tazers. "Subdue" them till the police arrive. Using anything besides a tazer would be frowned on by the police.

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
If this is becoming a problem which should be addressed I think there should be something done about it. Perhaps like Renagade said, some of us should someday sit in the woods and watch and see if we can catch someone in the act. Have a camera handy and cell phone to call the RCMP. I have no problem with doing something like that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Renegaderider, I tried to post your quote. PC problems. I'd be right there with ya! Nothin pisses me more than a thief! Bide your time, pop outta the woods , and BAM! Problem solved! Unfortunatley temporary!.

·
Registered
698 Posts
waiting in the woods and then BAM would be good
but
you would be in way more trouble than the assholes that are doing the stealing
therefore i suggest the DNR and RCMP should be there keeping an eye out
but then again driving by at 50km/h wont help much either
make them stay at the entrence and screen everyone
it would be the same as if they were up in the highlands
the just wouldnt be able to enjoy sledding themselves

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
don't take this the wrong way ......i am not saying that it is some one on here....but ?????????????????maybe some one is on here just reading all the posts and waiting for some guys to go up to the highlands and than get there before you (they could be sitting in the woods waiting for ya's to come)...watch ya leave than bammmm steal your stuff and haul ass........what side is all the stealing on..margaree or the trail store........

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
don't take this the wrong way ......i am not saying that it is some one on here....but ?????????????????maybe some one is on here just reading all the posts and waiting for some guys to go up to the highlands and than get there before you (they could be sitting in the woods waiting for ya's to come)...watch ya leave than bammmm steal your stuff and haul ass........what side is all the stealing on..margaree or the trail store........[/b]
i agree with the dnr ideas ....put them to use instead of fuckin drinking coffee and getting paid...atleast they would be doing something helpfull for a change...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Pretty risky if your the crook!!!! Only the shadow knows! That's the best part. They're not gonna know when your watchin! If i'm gonna hang out in the bushes, be damned if i'm gonna advertise!!!!! That's the trick. :bigun2:

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Pretty risky if your the crook!!!! Only the shadow knows! That's the best part. They're not gonna know when your watchin! If i'm gonna hang out in the bushes, be damned if i'm gonna advertise!!!!! That's the trick. :bigun2:[/b]
:div20: :div20: :div20: :beerchug: i just can't see why some one would want to steal to make money....grow the fuck up man and get a real job??????

·
Registered
145 Posts
i agree with the dnr idea but the problum with them going and sitting there the theifs will see them and say clear untill they are gone the only way that would work to have them sitting in the woods with you that is defantly a good idea because i know myself i would be very pissed if i drove somwheres to have a nice relaxing weekend and come back to have some of your stuff missing just because somone is trying to make a quick buck and also it would proble be hard to get them to come and sit with you but like somone else said you could get them on cam corder or set up sometipe of tracker on your gear so it could be traced or even put a camara in your truck hiddin somwhere so that there is no hit that u might be hiding in the woods and then you would have a picture/footage of them taking your stuff but i have never had my things stolen when i have gone snowmobiling but i have had things stolen befor and i know the feeling of wanting to bash somones head in and i know i am talking resonable now but i am sure my out look would change once it would happen to me

anyways i am more then happy to help out with catching the cluprit if i am in the area i will help set things up and i hope to you all that have had your things stolen that it all get replaced or found

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
:beerchug: Cheers to all! I hope to see you all soon. Please report any theft to the RCMP or DNR in order to get this mess straightened out. :celebrating: :no_bashing: :beerchug:

·
Registered
302 Posts
i would forsake a little bit of boondocking time to bag one of this spineless f$%ks!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.