Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everyone feel that the resale is going to be? Good, Average or in the Toilet? Im a little scared that i will not be able to get rid of my sled. I know that i have to get rid of the 03 and pick up a 04. Better stop at the local supermarket and p-up the ky and bring it to the dealer when it comes trade time.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I figger the resale on the 03's sound be pretty good as long as you took care of yours...and didnt run up too many miles...I'm lookin into selling mine and waiting for the 04's as well.... :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don't know, but I think I'd be more comfortable buying a F7 that had some real miles on it. All the trouble seems to happen on low mileage units :lol: :p

·
Registered
17 Posts
I don't think the re-sale should be to bad. There is olny a small number of f7 that have had serious problems.
Minor service bulliten stuff(other than the oil pump adj.) should not hurt it. Especialy if everyone would focus on the positve things about the f7. They far outway the negative. All the whinning out there is whats hurting us. Then all the poo boys jump on the band wagon . All these whinners need to sell and stay inside were its warm!

·
Registered
79 Posts
I think the F-5 owners would have a better chance of selling than the F-7 owners. The only reason I say this is because of all the troubles that some of the F-7's have had. (Blow ups, EFI, Smart valves & oil pumps. You hardly here anything about the F-5's except for power valves and servo's. Inturn this ends up giving the F-7's a bad rap. which is not ture for all F-7's. I know 3 people with F-7's and have no problems at all.

·
Registered
6,125 Posts
Personally-only time will tell,and has anyone tried selling a used firecat??With the snow conditions the past few years here in wisconsin,im going to have to give them away cheap.Dealers are selling cheap right now!!!!But i will say this-THANX EBAY-sold my last two zr500s this way-a guy from chicago in november and a guy from ohio in january-both where a little less then what i wanted but wasnt going to lose sleep over a few hundred bucks because the money already is on the firecats,and i dont expect much changes on the 2004 firecats besides updates and cosmetics,so will be keeping both another year-scott

·
Registered
203 Posts
I was told to be ready for a $4000.00 hit on the F7 trade. He won't know for sure until after the dealers showing. I think I'll be keeping mine.

·
Registered
4,395 Posts
I can't see a $4000 hit. NO WAY. I'm guessing the 04 F7 will be about $200-$300 more. I think we should get decent money for our 03 F7's if it's in good shape. I'm guessing i'll get around $5000 (give or take $500) on a trade for an 04 model. Maybe i'm way off but don't think so. I've got almost 900 miles and zero problems. I just might keep it another year.

·
Registered
820 Posts
5000.00 , THAT WOULD BE QUITE A HIT IF YOU THINK ABOUT IT, WITH THE EXTENDED WARRANTY I PAID 8600.00
THAT LOOKS LIKE 3600.00 RIGHT THERE! :( :wacko: :blink:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well..1 of my freinds just traded in his F5 standard for a Polaris 600 Pro X..he only had 400 miles on it and it was pretty clean ( no major scratches) and they gave him 5800 for it..which i thought was a graet deal seeing we paid 6295 for them only 4 months ago ...i really wouldnt say that the F7's should have too much of a hit on them either..even tho theres been a few more issues with the 7's its been pretty much small issues when everythings been taken care of..plus..if you compare the two..i rode one last week that had its updates and not 1 problem with it and 800 miles..it actually scared me it had so much power..when you have to pull yourself up to the bars to keep on the sled..ya know your on a rocket B) I'm plenty happy with the F5..its very nimble in the trails and its pretty fast for a 500..so your not going to win every race on the lake..tell those tanks to go out on the trails with you after the drags and see whos faster :D

·
Registered
720 Posts
You guys have to remember that one important factor that affects trade in values is demand. Look at the used car market right now, because of all the great deals on new cars, the used car market is dead. You can steal a good used car these days.

So, since I don't see the sled companies offereing any 0% financing for 5 years, the cost of a new sled is still quite high. I think an average price of an F7 had to be around $7200 or so.

After all the butt kicking our F7's did this year, I am sure there are a lot of people that want an F7, but don't want to pay $7500 for a new one, and will be looking for some good used ones.

Just my opinion. Personally, I am keeping mine for a while.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i have already seen about 6 rx-1's for sale and a few revs in the paper,
the only place i have seen f-7 for sale is classified section on this forum,
polaris dealers are advertising rock bottom #'s on their 03 sleds all over the midwest!
have not seen f-7's advertised like this!

·
Registered
41 Posts
RESALE VALUE IS DEPENDANT ON HOW SMART THE BUYER IS
BUYERS MARKET TODAY
400-500 SLEDS IN MY LOCAL PAPER RIGHT NOW
HOW MANY GUYS ARE IN FINANCIAL PROBLEMS
HOW BAD DO THEY WANT TO SELL
PULL UP IN FRONT OF THEIR HOUSE WITH YOUR TRUCK AND TRAILER
CASH IN HAND
LOW BALL EM
MOST WILL POP
WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD

EXAMPLE
2003 F-5 $5200.00 + TAX
2003 VIPER $5800 + TAX
2002 ZRT600 NEW $6000 + TAX
2002 ZRT600 USED 100 MI. $5000 MAYBE LESS

·
Registered
83 Posts
Talked to a buddy to day he told me his dealer is talking $2000 - $2500 to boot for a F7 03 for an 04, the F7 only has 325 miles on it and dealer is only going to take 18-25 sleds depending on if he sells anymore. Now that is a kick in the butt.!!

·
Registered
81 Posts
A buddy of mine just bought an F7 new 2 weeks ago for $6600 OTD and we have had a lotta snow this year. Local dealer has some early orders also (patriot, team, and sabercat) but i dont know his prices. local dealer also has/had a 600 Rev HO for 6 g's so its not just a cat thing.....depends on how many the dealers want to sit on an pay floor plan i guess.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts