Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm lookin at gettin either a rev 800 or F-7 possibly F-6 or maybe even Rev 600 depending on what i get the best deal on..with out being bi-es or whatever, what do ya guys think is an overall better sled. Whats the HP ratings on the revs ? Are the f-cats faster ? and so on

·
Registered
922 Posts
I had an 03 REV 800 and now 05 F7. I say go REV. The ride is so much better the ring issue/oil consumption is worth it.

·
Registered
382 Posts
That's funny -- I don't think I've ever seen a thread devoted to comparing F-cats with Revs.......
:lol2:

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
it all comes down to YOUR CHOICE about 99% of cat peoples will say buy a cat and 99% of doo people will say buy a doo its all up to you from what ive herd is that the F7 is faster then the rev 800 thats just what ive herd i havnt raced or anything like that to know for a fact but ive also herd that the doo handles better on the trails but then again some people will say they smack there knees to much and its too rider forward its all about what you like there both kick ass sleds. ive never drove a Rev 800 or a F7(even tho i own one now :banana: ) but i loved my F5 more then my friends Rev 600

·
Registered
12,218 Posts
i've ridden both, and liked the f7 better so that's what's in my shed. the rev's seem to ride a little softer, but that doesn't suit my style- i have a snopro b/c i like jumping/ditch banging. on the revs my knees were resting on the plastic all the time and i didn't like that at all. i can also tell you that i raced 3 rev 800's with diff packages and spanked them with my firecat. now i'm not to saying "i'm the fastest" just telling you my experiences. so what i'm saying is it's all preferance - and since this thread is in the f-cat section you'll mostly hear praise for the cat. the F7 is the benchmark all new sleds are compared to
:beerchug:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I had an F-Cat last year and I really liked it. Got myself a REV this year, I'll let you know which one I like better

·
Registered
353 Posts
i got a rev for sale...it has 2100 miles on it and has 152 studs...it is an mxzx 600ho...1.25 track and it comes with the a free full tank of gas, free 1gallon of synthetic, and a free cover....i am lookin to get 5200 for it

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
:div20: i myself have raced tons of rev 800 w/ my f7 and i never have a problem beating them when it was stock last year. yes i ahve a lot done now and i pull at least 4-5 sled lanks in front of revs from 0-100. :banana:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Ive raced both with my zr 800 02 cc, I havent lost to either but the f7 was definitely closer, f7 is ahead of me by a sled length till 60, then I just keep pulling away from that particular one, the rev was even with me out of the hole but it didnt take long to slowly pull away from him either. there both nice sleds to me, I like them both.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I like to give credit where credit is due. If you like to ride the trails hard and dont always have freshed groomed trials then nothing beats a Rev through the trails especially if they are bumpy. Some will say that they are slower than the Firecat but in hands of the right tuner I have presonally seen the Rev put many Firecats down on the lake. I personally love the Firecat and am looking forward to this year with a bigger mill in it as while a 700 is nice a 900 is better.

ptm

·
Premium Member
3,173 Posts
Originally posted by puddytatman@Sep 6 2005, 07:51 PM
I like to give credit where credit is due. If you like to ride the trails hard and dont always have freshed groomed trials then nothing beats a Rev through the trails especially if they are bumpy. Some will say that they are slower than the Firecat but in hands of the right tuner I have presonally seen the Rev put many Firecats down on the lake.  I personally love the Firecat and am looking forward to this year with a bigger mill in it as while a 700 is nice a 900 is better.

ptm
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863313
[/quote]

This post is on the money with what I have experienced. I have seen REVS 800's that were set up properly flat out crush everything on the lake (trail form of course) and they ride much better in the ungroomed trails. The F7 is much more seat of the pants adrenaline type riding and the motor has a distinct powerband when the valves open. The suspension cant be beaten hard enough (Sno Pro version) and you have to try really hard to bottom it out. I like the Firecat better overall

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
just put it this way... You'll get more attention with a firecat. People who ride fircats, and people who have revs have two very different riding styles. The rev chassis is a "sit down and ride" sled, while the firecat bags to be pounded. Either way man, they are both great sleds.

·
Registered
846 Posts
If you want the best ride, definately go with the REV!!....You'll need to give the Rev a little tune up for some more fun!! :beerchug: :banana: :drunk: :cn:

·
Registered
861 Posts
"The rev chassis is a "sit down and ride" sled, while the firecat bags to be pounded."

Another clueless response, the Rev is designed to be a stand-up, rider forward platform, more so than the Firecat.

I am Cat guy and rode both F7's and Revs last year thru some really crappy trails, I liked the Revs in the rough stuff but liked the F7s in the tight trails and straight aways.

So as many have said, its up to you and your riding style.

The Doos have had flaking ring issues since 01' that can be addressed after you buy it. enough said.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
Originally posted by catspaz8@Sep 7 2005, 03:09 PM
"The rev chassis is a "sit down and ride" sled, while the firecat bags to be pounded."

Another clueless response, the Rev is designed to be a stand-up, rider forward platform, more so than the Firecat.

I am Cat guy and rode both F7's and Revs last year thru some really crappy trails, I liked the Revs in the rough stuff but liked the F7s in the tight trails and straight aways.

So as many have said, its up to you and your riding style.

The Doos have had flaking ring issues since 01' that can be addressed after you buy it. enough said.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=864444
[/quote]

Partially true, the problems were with the 03 & 04 600HO's & the 03 & 04 800. Problem solved in 05 and the problem was not as widespread as the internet would lead you to believe, although there was a problem no doubt.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
I can help you. i am a Polaris die hard, have been on both....Buy the Ski-Doo....I hated ski-doo until the Rev. I like it more than what I have now, an Edge...I am probably going to get a Fusion, but the Rev is indeed an AWESOME sled. And trust me, that coming out of my mouth, being a Polaris guy, speaks volumes.

·
HCS We're Watching You !!
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by apron800@Sep 6 2005, 07:50 PM
Ive raced both with my zr 800 02 cc, I havent lost to either but the f7 was definitely closer, f7 is ahead of me by a sled length till 60, then I just keep pulling away from that particular one, the rev was even with me out of the hole but it didnt take long to slowly pull away from him either. there both nice sleds to me, I like them both.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=863307
[/quote]

A 02' ZR 800 CC beating F7's and Rev 800's ........ how true is this ?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts