Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out riding the last night and my sled started to act up. It doesn't have any power at all. at idle it jumps all around 1000 to 2000 rpm. nothing consistent, with what sounds like an occasional backfire. When I hit the gas it hesitates then starts to build rpms. The tach is really jumpy and even when it does accelerate it has no pover. I feel like it may be fouled plugs, or something wrong with the ignition. feedback wouild be appreciated. I'm gonna change the plugs today to see if they make a difference. I have 978 miles on the sled with the original plugs. I had a 97 t-cat whose stator went bad. It almost acts the same as that sled did when the stator went bad. I hope that isn't the problem. Although I have heard of a few stators being replaced in the f-cat already.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Change the plugs. . . see what happens. My plugs looked like they were pretty fouled up at 800 miles.

Did you put a riser block or ISO vibe in before the ride? If you did, re-check your throttle cable to make sure it's seated properly. Could be your cable needs to be re-routed if you put a high riser on the sled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts