Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
today i got my cat pride magazine and D&D has a fullpage ad on bottom of page it shows a pic of an F-8 and on the website they say call for info on the F-8 pro2 efi and F-8 carb. does anybody have some info about these sleds and can they turn my F-7 into an F-8 and for how much?

·
Registered
395 Posts
Bigdog, I've been talking with Dan over at D&D about these kits. I'm interested in one. I spoke to him about a week ago, and they currently have been doing alot of testing with the 800 efi pro 2 kit. AmSnow has it in there with the port-a-tree shootout which was run on 12/06/02. Now Dan said he was having trouble blowing belts recently, but he was confident that would be corrected shortly. He said there was no comparison between the F7 and his F8. A previous post indicated this kit was beating the 1010 kits. I emailed Dan today with some questions. I do know the efi kit will sell for $3900, the carb kit $3400. The efi kit is the fastest one according to Dan and he claims it is fully tunable. I'll post when I hear back from D&D.

·
Registered
539 Posts
beating the 1010,i think your beating something.if you look at the shoot-out results you will see that the f8 ran almost the same times as the stock zr900.big dog save your money.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I just recently got off the phone will dan and he said the price is $3995 for the Pro II Efi. And it is fully tunable. It uses the stock EFI Box. The KIt comes with a EFI harness so it is fully tunable.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I just received an email from D&D regarding the pro 2 800 efi kit. In a 1500 ft. race , this kit is 10mph faster than the F7. Sounds pretty good to me.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Danger, Danger Will Robinson..... Make sure you compare apples to apples. An
F7 with a little gearing and clutching will go 10 MPH faster. Many big bore kits sound good but really don't add much to sled performance... The other down side is replacement parts, ask how much pistons, gaskets sets, etc are....

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by alien@Mar 18 2003, 02:25 PM
Danger, Danger Will Robinson..... Make sure you compare apples to apples. An
F7 with a little gearing and clutching will go 10 MPH faster. Many big bore kits sound good but really don't add much to sled performance... The other down side is replacement parts, ask how much pistons, gaskets sets, etc are....
I know what you're saying, but their testing was done with identical gear setups. It sounds like your kinda cynical. I bought a whole sled from Black Magic and this thing rocks(01'sno pro with 711 engine). The replacement parts cost no more than original cat parts. Also, they are claiming 165hp (D&D that is) on the dyno, what's an F7 say 132-133?

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would save your $$. The stock ZR 900 motor has beaten a lot of 1100 CC triples and make the 1010 guys go home in the 660.

These guys love guys that spend money.

Don't be a fool. You will end up dissapointed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts