Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother and i have both sleds. we swith sleds every weekend to compare. They both handle the bumps better than anything else out there including my buddie 2002 zrcc. they do it in different ways. the firecat feels light as a feather up front you can really throw it around. it soaks up bumps great. we ran the two sled hard down a real rough trail and they both handled the bumps equally but differently. The firecat just soaks up the bumps with the front dancing and when you hit the big one you didn't see coming the front will jump up at you then you slow down. With the rev it doesn't have the extreme lightweight feeling and the front end doesn't come up on the big one. Instead you hit the big on and the back end starts bucking you-almost like you feel like your going over the handlebars!-then you slow down. Both are great sleds. for pure speed the f-7 is a little faster on topend but that isn't why we bought these sleds rather it was how they took to the trails. Can't say on is better than the other!!!!

·
Registered
743 Posts
I think The Rev Rides good and is a good trail sled, but for the hard pull and to go fast I love the F 7, Not puting the rev down its a nice sled, a bit windy to ride fast and I dont like siting the same way all the time, i have like 350 miles on the Rev and almost 700 on the cat, and my girl friend out 100 to 150 on the rev, she likes it better then the F 7 but I dont think she like the pull and the ski life from a dead stop, where I love that, lol, But she was the same way with my ZR but that had a clutch kit in it that kicked in at about 5,300 R P Ms so you really could not kepp the skis down on the start with that, lol

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Good Honest Report, but you forgot one thing.... The Rev's look like crap. I mean,......, what is that snow flap thing on the back of it?

·
Registered
930 Posts
Originally posted by Nick@Jan 16 2003, 02:24 PM
The Rev's look like crap. I mean,......, what is that snow flap thing on the back of it?
It's a beaver tail :huh:

Trust me, I am about as Hardcore Cat as they come...but I do like the looks of the REV.

·
Registered
743 Posts
It does look cool, not sure why they did that with the flap, maybe to keep down the snow dust, maybe they had probs with them getting sucked in to.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I agree with some points in the origingal post, I feel the REV takes 1st in handeling the big bumps, There just dosent seem to be as much rebound from the REV. In any cace I could not wait to get off the REV it felt like I was going over the handle bars everytime I touched the breaks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hummmmm…… very straight on pros and cons and no bashing, so their is a little recognition of Ski Doos efforts after all, nice.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Originally posted by REV X@Jan 16 2003, 04:28 PM
Hummmmm…… very straight on pros and cons and no bashing, so their is a little recognition of Ski Doos efforts after all, nice.
YES ...REV THEIR IS RECOGNITION OF SKI DOO'S EFFORTS ...BUT MY FRIEND I HAVE BEEN OVER TO DOO TALK AND IT DOES NOT AT ALL SEEM RECIPROCAL. WONDER WHY THAT IS ???? B)

·
Registered
743 Posts
we like to post real life Facts, and most of them want to post fantasys, Talk to some of them with old MXZs and there telling me Revs are faster then the F 7, and dont even have one let alone race one, lol

·
Registered
701 Posts
I absolutely love the the ride of the F7. I've ridden the REV and think I could get it through the trail just as fast or faster, but not with as much fun.
The front of my F7 did "pop" up on me once when I hit a large bump at high speeds. I almost had the thing vertical! My 01 zr800 did the same thing every once in a while. I thought the coupling would limit this, but I guess its a good reminder that no sled can take every bump at high speed!
I sucked limiter strap into 3rd hole to get weight on skis and the thing railed unbelievable! It did not dart either, but I'm trying it in middle hole now so I can try to have best of both worlds....weight transfer for fun, and the front end stick for cornering.
By the way, this was a great post.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Last winter I was kind of tired with snowmobiling, sold my sled and was happy with that.
Then came spring and the release of Firecats and REVs, and the fever struck !!
This is the kind of post I would liked to have read back then, no bashing just a sensible riding impression.
The reason I’m on a REV X and not a Firecat is the forward seating position (that I like a lot) and a good Ski Doo dealer, the local Cat dealer is so so in my opinion and a good dealer can save your a** if trouble hits you.
I have had Polaris, Cat and Ski Doo, all have worked almost trouble free, and I’m fairly open minded
so I can see the good things in Firecats REVs RX 1s and Pro Xs, I didn’t buy the REV to be the fastest,
didn’t even expect it to be and I would relay like to try an F7 and make up my own mind on the good and bad,
its one mean sled and I like it a lot.
Why am I on a Firecat forum as a REV owner? You should always know what the “enemy” is doing :D
And you will never catch me bashing, it's a promise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts