Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I guess I'll ask this question in a differant way> Have any of you members (F-7 riders only) ever tryed the Black Magic Whoopass kit. Reeds, timing key, mono bloc head, can, and clutch kit. It's kind of spendy and I need to know if it's worth it. I just can't justify buying an f8 kit this year because i am still kind of a novice rider, and I dont' even use all the power i have right now. I am still getting use to this sled. It has maybe 500 miles on it. Brand new. But I have been snowmobiling,(this will be my 4th year and i have owned 5 machines. Panther, gpx,exciter, rmk151 800. Now I finally have the sled of my dreams. I love this goddamn thing. I finally have what I really want. But i am an extremist, and just cant leave this thing alone! I just want a little more poop. What do you think, f-7 brothers? I greatly appreciate all your help! This site kicks some major ass! I really enjoy looking at the f-7 pics. :banghead: :banghead: :banana: :dunno: :dunno: :no_bashing: lol.

·
Registered
843 Posts
I think you should get some more seat time before you hurt yourself. Sounds like you are not ready for an F8 yet (to me). I have been riding most of my life. If there's one thing I know about, it's biting off more than I can chew. I've been in a few major accidents...all my fault for being stupid. If they would have happened with my F-sled, I would not be here probably because of it's power.

The fact that you said that you are still getting used to the F7 is what I am keying on. All those that have F-8's or bigger, have put their time in on the F7, & are comfortable riding it. They just need more power. If you arent smashing the throttle most of the time on the F7, you are not ready for the F8.....It is a totally different animal. My advice would be to ride one more year before you go big. Maybe try pipes, timing, clutching first....if you don't have it already. There's a progression involved.

*(Just my thoughts)

It's not that I am trying to disuade you. Far from it. But, if you want to be safe, be sure you are ready to go bigger.

This is what happens when you bite off more than you can chew. My mod 800 V-max after hugging a tree at 60 mph in '96. One cost me a week in the hospital, 2 broken ribs, 2 fractured vertibrae, chipped tooth, bruised diaphram & kidney. *(I'm lucky to have survived.) V

·
Premium Member
7,417 Posts
I havent heard anything about their kit. Have heard mixed reviews about their ck though. Can doesnt really do much other than save some weight but not a fan of the sound it makes. Reeds are a waste unless you are doing some big mods. You could just do a set of replacement petals and gain just as much. Do you want a CK that you can tinker with or one that you put it in and use it the way it is? Dont mess with the key, just cut down the top end fuel with a Boondocker box or an inline jet. I dont think you would benefit that much from the head just yet, maybe with more mods.

p.s. if it isnt studded, stud it tomorrow

·
Registered
5,194 Posts
Originally posted by Nuke Laloosh@Sep 2 2005, 08:23 PM
I think you should get some more seat time before you hurt yourself.  Sounds like you are not ready for an F8 yet (to me).  I have been riding most of my life.  If there's one thing I know about, it's biting off more than I can chew.  I've been in a few major accidents...all my fault for being stupid.  If they would have happened with my F-sled, I would not be here probably because of it's power.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=859092
[/quote]

They can bite you. When you learn to respect the power you learn more than just respect for the sled. This summer I took a shot from a dirt bike. Good to hear all is good Nuke Laloosh.

Want what you have and stick around to use it. :div20:

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
I have never heard anything good from black tragic I mean,cough cough black magic anyone I know that has used there stuff on a Fsled has had bad results and lost power or blown something up. keep in mind that I have never used any of there parts myself and I have nothing to gain by telling you this .but it has been what I have seen and heard Peace

1 - 7 of 7 Posts