Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
110 milles delta 3 after wide open for 1500 ft , slow down and stop.wait 1 min start no problem,but don`t pull good. the pto side ,need piston and may be cyl.
Is anny body have an idea?
p.s it`s my body `s one,but ????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was the engine warm? How long had it been running before you went WOT? Some have suggested cold seizure.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Was that the first time to run the reeds if not any improvements, did you warm the sled up good before you went with it that could be what caused the piston to go.

·
Registered
485 Posts
:blink: My motor seemed to let go about one hour into the ride, I sure hope it had warmed up by then . On that note though I will say that these sleds need (correction HAVE ) to be warm before being ridden, period. Has any one else noticed that it also seems to cool off again very quickly say after a 10 minute stop ? My f7 seemed a little 'cold blooded 'after brief shut downs.

C

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by snowrider069@Dec 16 2002, 11:49 PM
110 milles delta 3 after wide open for 1500 ft , slow down and stop.wait 1 min start no problem,but don`t pull good. the pto side ,need piston and may be cyl.
Is anny body have an idea?
p.s it`s my body `s one,but ????
Has anyone heard what is causing the f-7 to be scuffing the pistons myself i have a team arctic sno-pro and it blew up at 130 miles it took out both pistons and cylinders and two of my other buddies have the same problem but there's hasn't blow up yet but we noticed the problem just by taking the exhaust off and lookin through the manifold u can see the pistons are scuffed pretty bad if anyone has heard what may be causing this please let me know, thanks.

·
Registered
237 Posts
some sleds are going down with 100, 200, even 300
miles on them. The damage could have started in the
first 1 or 2 miles and it took that long for the prob to
show it self. When they go down with a lot of miles
on them it does not mean that you did something
wrong at the time of the burn down.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Mine seized with about 300 miles on it - Mag side. After it had seized, it started with one pull and ran, but it did not have the high-end pull it did before. My PTO side looks perfect. I had also checked the pistons at 50 miles and 175 miles and they were fine.

If you see bad scuffing it probably seized a some point. I was talking to a friend last night, who also has a f7. He had to come over and rubbing it in that he has had not problems with his. I asked him if his f7 ever stalled for no reason. He said yes but it started right up with not problems. He said it happened when he first started one day. I asked him if we could remove the exhaust and look at the pistons. His PTO piston looked like shit. It must have seized. It looks like my Mag piston. He has put 150 miles on it since the stall has happened.

I was at the dealer today for new piston and cylinder. He said when it seizes like mine did, it is cause by the air pocket moving into the cylinder. He thinks that it happened the last time I loaded the sled onto the trailer - while the thermostat was opened. The air went up the left side to the engine instead of the right to the reservoir.

Dan E.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts