Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, Feb1, 2003. Lake Gogebic, Upper MI. Thousands of sleds on some realy poor trails. Hundreds of sleds on Gogebic. Arrived at 11:30 and left the lake at 3:00. Ran the ZR 800 and SRZ with mods first. Beat them both bad. Not even close. The F-7 has killer mid-range. Between 50 and 80 mphs, I could not be beat. SRZ had to run me three times, as he thought I had jumped on the start. He lost, even with his buddy starting us.

Next, ran the 800 rotax. These guys think a lot of thier sleds and take it hard when beat. I didn't get the year, but it was no more than a year old. He gave me a good run out of the hole and up to mid-range, but then I just walked by. It was not close. Seriously.

Then I saw an RX-1 pass. tracked him down. Ran him and his buddy started us. (first he had to tell me how he was "beating ZR's all day" Beat him out of the hole, in mid range and deep end. Not even close. I am not exagerating. That thing was flat. The 800 roatx gave me more of a run. Ran again, the same. All the posts I have seen on here that say it was to be close or, it would eventually run you down are wrong. I have a stock sled with 153 1.075 studs and he was not competitive. Not close.

Then ran a thunder cat 1000. This guy was large and there was a weight difference. But I beat him out of the hole and through the whole race. we raced between peers from two bars on Gogebic. At least a mile run probably more. Beat him handly. Perhaps he wasn't tuned in? That still makes me wonder.

Raced a host of other sleds, XC's, 600 H.0, piped ZRT's etc. Beat them all. wasted so much time racing, my wife threatened to leave me on the ice and return home.

Ran another 800 rotax, from 35 mile an hour rolling start. beat him bad. I mean, on deep end they are close to 8 sleds behind. This gut then got angry and said, "you don't have to be an ass when you win..besides you must be 50lbs less than me." I din't think, but I should have told him ...but you have the 800 and I have only the little 700.

I WAS BEAT ONCE! The thundercat owner had his wife on a black F-7. She was about 120lbs. She beat me out of the hole bad and through mid range. I won on the deep end, but later found out she didn't have it pinched for fear she would "blow her sled new sled up." Beleive me or not, I don't care. I know now how fast the little F-7 is.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
LMAO! Scott, are you having fun yet??? The really funny thing is, is I believe you 100%, because I had damn near that much fun today at our local "proving grounds" too with my BONE STOCK F7!!! :D -- Roy

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
hopefully, all these guys that said cat lied about the f-7, they cheated at haydays bla blah,
now its being dished to them in real time and i love it!
i fought with my polaris buddys all summer, they told me i was crazy! no 700 is gonna be that fast, guess what they believe me now!
TOLD YOU SO!!!! :lol: :p

·
Registered
534 Posts
A word to the wise dragsters out there who want to pull even harder and get going even faster. . .

Dakota Clutch kit.

My friend's F7 beats me (in a short race) and he has the Sno-Pro version and I have the Standard. That Dakota kit will give you even more kick.

We swapped sleds and the sled with the kit won.

(He pulled out the shims per instructions, the belt was riding a bit high and he felt it was getting to much low end torque. The belt was riding somewhat higher. After pulling out shims and getting his belt back down, it's probably faster than when he first put it in.)

With the kit in he and another standard guy put a hurtin' on a couple of ZRT800s. Looking to race ZR900's and T-Cat's now.

Greg

·
Registered
853 Posts
I was on Gogebic Friday and Saturday. Everytime I put on ski on the lake I had people pulling up along side me wanting a shot
at the mighty F7. I Beat ZR800's, Mxz800, XC800's etc. I was getting tired of being harrassed. Sorta.... It's fun being one of the
fastest sleds around. I haven't even played with the clutching. Bone stock. Awesome sled!

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
I have an f7 snopro and i can beat a guy i know who has an rx1 with a 1.25 from hole shot, midrange and top end.....

1 - 11 of 11 Posts