Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We've had two F-7s crack the pipes right on the seems at the 180 deg. bend. Has anybody else seen this?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Not here, but will check this weekend when I get home from my business trip.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Mine split in same spot, getting new under warr. B)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Is this pipe split obvious to see without taking the pipe shield off... or could you HEAR that it had split? How'd you notice it??? -- Roy

·
Registered
19 Posts
yes we had one crack between y and heat shield cat said it was the first one they heard of cracking there famous answer

·
Registered
302 Posts
I could tell it was louder, and I saw a wisp of smoke coming from under the shield on S/U

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ours split wide open. About a 5 or 6 inch split along the seam, and also at a 90 deg. angle to the seam right on the bend. It wasn't under the shield. Met up with another F-7 rider, and his blew a chunk right out just past the bend. He had wired a tin can over it so he could go riding. :wacko:

·
Registered
70 Posts
Riding buddys F7's pipe split all the way down the weld......am starting to hear a few more in our area as well

·
Registered
25 Posts
The cracking is a design flaw, Hibbert and Davis had alot of problems in the Alaska Irondog race. They did alot of welding on the trail.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Mine came apart same spot after 650 miles. Have to wait until Feb.3 for new one (back order). Mean time, dealer will weld it to keep me going.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I had my pipe break at under 500 miles, it broke along the weld and three cracks going off the main seam, my dealer (livingstons) welded it and held great, he ordered me a new one. Got it and new one seems fine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
UI just had my 2nd pipe crack in the 90 bend. What a joke of craftmanship. The dealer is speculating that my TPS i sout of adjustment. That allows more gas in the rack when no throttle, and excess gas going into cylinders when shutting off. he said a backfire from this could cause the pipe split. I got ~400 miles out of this one. :angry:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Originally posted by catrrider600@Jan 6 2003, 12:28 PM
We've had two F-7s crack the pipes right on the seems at the 180 deg. bend. Has anybody else seen this?
I haven't noticed a crack yet, but mine sounds like it got louder for some reason...could that be the pipe maybe weakening in the weld? (I hope that didn't sound stupid!) :wacko:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts