Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did an overall inspection of my sled before putting it away last year, and i just remembered something that rose my eyebrow. I noticed on the motormounts on the sides that it looked like the rubber might have started to split. The rubber is in some shape somewhat or a star, and i believe i saw that one of the legs was cracked. Don't know how else to explain it. Anyone seen this or noticed a problem with the side mounts. It looks like the whole side bracket might have to be replaced to get new mounts, not sure though???

FF

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
I'm pretty sure the mounts can be purchased separately. Go for the 440 SP if you are going to change them.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
The rubber mounts are a 'mofo, they are pressed in using green locktite, they are not shown sepratly because of this, but they are the same as the mag side mount.

Krom

·
Doesn't play well with other
5,450 Posts
How hard is it to get the old ones out ? cause I have been thinking of going harder duro mounts myself. Gotta try to keep the reigns tight on that poochy F6. Damn that motor flops around when your loading it.

Flash and Flare

·
5,450 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 11 2005, 06:27 PM
The rubber mounts are a 'mofo, they are pressed in using green locktite, they are not shown sepratly because of this, but they are the same as the mag side mount.

Krom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922932
[/quote]

Krom you must have been replying when I was anywho, so we have to buy the entire PTO side cradle ? Alpha Sports lists the numbers seperate for the harder duro mounts.

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by Krom@Oct 11 2005, 06:27 PM

Krom
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=922932
[/quote]
Nothing a hydraulic press and a custome made cradle can't fix. :beerchug: :beer:

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't understand, the rubber is pressed in, or is there a metal surround. Not sure how the mount is in the side metal bracket. Are these stock mounts known to fail?

·
5,450 Posts
As much as that motor moves in that chassis, yes there gonna get soft and fail.
Just a matter of time, I would also like to know the removal process.

Flash and Flare

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Originally posted by Firecat_freak@Oct 11 2005, 08:58 PM
I don't understand, the rubber is pressed in, or is there a metal surround.  Not sure how the mount is in the side metal bracket.  Are these stock mounts known to fail?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=923299
[/quote]
The rubber is molded into a metal ring which is pressed into the side brace.

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i see, so the side mount has to be taken off and taken in to get pressed out, and a new one pressed it?

·
Premium Member
15,688 Posts
Yes, that's right. And make sure that you measure the position of the mounts before you press the old ones out so you know where to place the new ones.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts