Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 62 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thats funny we have 2 firecats in the shop with LESS than 10 miles and have been confirmed BY CAT to myself on the phone today to have exchanger restrictions in them and yes it is possible to have one with less than 10 miles, properly set up cooling system and still overheats, scoring the pistons, WITHOUT the light ever coming on! I spent 2 hours on the phone with one of the head techs today and Blacksabercats problem could be the heat exchanger! Did you actually check the exchanger out? We did't find out until today and we are a Cat dealer so I would guess you havent heard of this problem and how to check it. I would hate to see BlacksaberCat burn down again when he could have checked things out for only an hour worth of time.

·
Registered
245 Posts
rob, I tend to agree with ya, but I just wanted to throw that out there as a question. It seemed to me that the conversation was spinning, and when you throw my situation into the mix, it does not corrospond to the "light on" part of it. I KNOW FOR SURE that my sled was warmed properly (spend $8000 on a sled and not to is being a dumbass) and I was properly breaking it in (F5snopro could confirm this) and it went to hell. Sooo, I figured I would bring to everyones attention that it happens with NO LIGHT coming on.

HOWEVER,

just for the $hits & Grins of it, I will check the exchanger as per the instructions provided by 785CAT. I beleive that my sled is PUURRRRFECT NOW, but who knows, Right? I would hate to go down again, now that I'm ridin EVERY WEEKEND. I got like 750 miles on it and I just dropped it off to the dealer for a check-up. I mentioned to them about the Reprogramming that CAT is doing, and they will look into it. If they feel I may be suspect to it, they will send it out today soI can have it back by the weekend. I am Fairly comfortable with the sled, and have done like 200 mile days with it, and feel she is running WELL :wub: I do think I have one of the FASTER F7's Ive come across, and am happy as a pig in $hit with that :D

61 - 62 of 62 Posts