Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are pipes and can's and such, but as far as engine performance, which mods seem to work the best.

Timing Key? How many degrees?

Fuel reducer / controller??

Stock Pipe Mods???

This is on a stock '07 '08 F-6.

Thanks

~Fast

·
Premium Member
20,503 Posts
Yep, all of that stuff. My buddy has a BMP clutch kit, 2.5 key and pipe or maybe its just a pipe mod on his 07 and it runs much better than our stock 07.

·
Registered
204 Posts
all i did was a good clutch kit custom done my my local shop thats been in buisness for 30 years. they did the primary and secondary plus i did reeds. i told them i would rather have it pull hard than have top end and thats exackly what i got. it pulls really hard. i havent raced anyone because i could care less, i had a 440 with efi700 before this sled , very comparable. my buddy rode it and said he was suprised how hard it pulled at all speeds. and i still have a reliable sled. my opinion is the rest of that stuff is not going to make that big of a differance and you give up reliabilty, just my 2 cents

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
The bmp pipe mod works well. One of the biggest improvements i made on my 6 was running ngk br9eix(iridium) plugs. Really cleaned up the low end and gives a much improved run quality as you get time on the plugs. Use to have to change the ngk br9eya's about every 300 miles to get the same run quality.

·
Banned
14,035 Posts
BMP has a "quiet performer" set up that includes some porting, pipe mod, timing key, and boondocker, really wakes it up,

1 - 6 of 6 Posts