Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a buddy that has a zr 600 efi 2001. This sled is modded and has never beem beat by anything 600 or smaller. I have been trying to run with him all season. Now after some clutching, gearing, and v-force reeds today I smoked him. Now to run into some of the 700's that he's smoked

·
Registered
907 Posts
Well don't keep us F-5 owners hangin, what did ya do.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gear 19-43, heavier speedwerx weights,speedwerx ti spring, cutler secondary, and dalton helix. I think that I can go even heavier on the weights and go faster yet. If I can get this thing dialed in so that I am totally happy with it I'll let you guys know the exact weights, helix, and springs.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Blue,what kinda topend are you seeing?Mine pulls the 60/48 rather well,are you running 1.0 or 1.375,studded or not?thanks

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
Red F5,
I assume you are running a compound. Do you start with a straight 60 and then go to a progressive 56-48? Or is it all progressive. I have a straight 60 then 56-49 on my 440 sno pro and it tears your arms off. It also has engagement notches in the weights though so it revs instantly.

Cat S.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
progressive 60/48 ,not a steped multi angle,along with different weights and different springs in both,your right about the crazy pull!!for just a 5,she rips

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hey Redf5 what kind of top end rpm are you seeing with that 60 48 helix? And how heavy of weights are you running?

·
Registered
564 Posts
red, best ive seen is 102 speedo. 54/49 w/1 thick shim removed. I know theres lots more in this sled from 0-100 but am very impressed. I clutched, aligned and added a ATACK system for a buds 02 XC600SP, and him and I were out last Thursday night, I took the F5, and spanked him good. He was shocked, as he has a very good running XC6. He beats 600HO Revs, Vipers,and any other 600 he races. This little F5 rocks. I am very happy with it, so much so, im thinking of trading my RX-1 staright up for a ZR900. Later...BBY

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ya Red, I'd be interested in knowing what combo your pullin'....I'm runnin' a 55/50 helix with 1 thick shim out, 360 mains and she'll pull evryone now. What weights and other goodys? Giver up man :p

·
Registered
564 Posts
I also have some Heavy Hitters on the way, im interested as to the results these will give the F5. They were a huge gain in my RX-1 Ton...BBY

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
OK,heres my setup- just got it all worked out-60/48 with red/white 5th hole(gonna swap once more for green in 3 and see,but think the red is the ticket) 52 gram light tips w/orange and white.one secondary shim removed (thick one)only lost so far to an tweaked SKS700,just eaked by at the end!She rips! pulls 8350 from the launch and holds 8200 across the lake,finally,after countless attempts.Did loose some backshifting,but its tolerable on the trails.top speed of 101 across a hardpack lake,its a snopro,no studs :D

·
Registered
227 Posts
YOU SAY 52 LIGHT TIP....ARE THEY CAT WEIGHTS? Part # and Orange spring...Cat spring?

Sounds like you may have the red spring maxed out...I would try green in the 1st hole.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I bet if your 8300 out of the hole then pulling down to 8200 and you have the red/white in 5 your slipping your belt. Try the green and your belt won't slip and your backshift will improve. my .02

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
You guys are probably right about the secondary spring being too soft,conditions here have really changed from day to day and the snow hasn't been very consistant from one day to the next,I'm still messing with it and have changed the spring over to the green 2nd hole and will get to the lake to test maybe in the morning,when its coldest and the snow holds together the best.I do think there's more in it yet. :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts