Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2 weeks ago I was seeing 95mph on the digital readout (on a fairly short run) and now i'm only seeing about 85mph. The other night it was 77mph max.... no problem.... removed exhaust valve servo cover and reattached cables. Added small spacer to prevent this from happening again. The only thing that has changed is I had reverse installed , but I'm pretty sure i had this problem before reverse was installed. Loosened track, removed thick shim from secondary and reset chain tension. RPM is at about 83-8400 where it always has been. Going to try a new belt tonight and will switch back and forth between analog and digital readout to see if there is any differences, but if anyone can think of anything else I would appreciate it. Wouldn't be too concerned if i hadn't already seen 95mph on digital readout?

·
Registered
341 Posts
Mine will go up to 8500 sometimes and read 80-90 miles an hour, so I don't think I have problems with the valves, I think it's just my 210 pound a$$ on that little machine... :blink:

·
Registered
6,128 Posts
I talked to a guy on a f5 snopro yesterday,he said 93 mph-my f5 standard i have yet to open it up,im hoping 100 at least-your servo cables falling off,that will take rpms and speed away-also check your cable length,mine was off,and i loosened up my front skid shock like performance manual suggested(5-8 mph off top end with shock tightened)besides i highly doubt you will bottom out front of skid,the drivers will hit first.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine was runing 10500 RPM whit under 400 miles on it and would only go 94 on read out. but i didn't have a long enough strip to let it completly top out. but it was slowly climbing and i later got it to 98-99 and it was still goin but i had to let out andi only weigh 130

·
Registered
530 Posts
well if u have a sno pro u arent going to get much over 100 if u even do and 500s dont have that mcuh yop end anyway ur best bet is if ur unhappy with hr gearing get a bigger drive gear. I think that is ur smaller one but whatever one is smaller just go up like 1 or 2 teeth and u will notice a little loss in low end but id thats what ur looking for its more than worth it.

·
Registered
986 Posts
If I remember right when adding reverse they change the gears to a lower MPH gears & have to be left that way to make it work

·
Registered
153 Posts
I had the problem with the exhaust valve cables to but now im maxing again at 99 :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts