Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought that the F-5 was beating up on a MXZ 700 a couple of weeks ago??? I thought they were supposed to run with the 600 class machines?? "NOT" In all fairness AMsnow should have made a 500 bracket so the F-5 could dominate something :lol: As for the F-7.. that sled is BAD ASS.. A friend of mine, he used to own a Hotel in Old Forge, went back up there this weekend with me. He hasn’t been on a sled in 20 years (I think I got him hooked again) He used to ride Polaris sleds and I told him about Rob being a long time Polaris rider who SWITCHED to an F-7. I told him to visit this site to gain a little information on them. With everyone here’s help, I think he will be becoming a new Firecat owner.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
spin , dont laugh yet at the 5 , see my other posts on it.
also from what im hearing they did not even warm up the sled like all the others and the pipes was ice cold, i guess nobody really cared about it so nobody really tried anything...........................welcome to the board , i think. you may not want to laugh at the 5's, a lot of people own them and its not a good way to start off in a group. :rolleyes: by the way what do you ride????????

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I lost my member status (like everyone else) when Rob changed servers :( I have always said before if money wasn’t an object I would be riding a Cat. AC dealers in my area don’t wont to budge on price. I think that AC has done an awesome job as far as looks and performance from the Firecats.
A couple of weeks ago one someone posting here said he was beating up on a 2001 MXZ 700 with his F5
I am sorry but, "Stock for Stock" a 500 will not beat a 700 period. the HP to weight ratio doesn’t make it possible. I replied to the post saying either the MXZ wasn’t getting any traction or the F5 rider weighs 100 lb lighter. I never saw a reply to my post because the server crashed and the topic was lost.
By the way I ride a 02 Renegade 700
I don’t feel what I ride make a difference I am a fan of Snowmobiling and have learned allot from this board.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
spin,
this is a firecat forum and when you come in and start laughing at one , thats not a good way to start off with people. you can believe what you want and ride what you want but this forum is not here to be laughing at another persons sled, but it is here for info and helpful tips along with a lot of other stuff . i think its funny how people come up with all this info on an f-5 and believe just what is typed on the internet and from talk and this from people that have never even ridden one! ner underestimate your opponent no matter what the sled or size, because all it takes is no traction, a motor hicup or something silly and you can see a small sled put a whoopin on a thundercat . it does not matter if the mags say this or that or that sled wont be beat by the other sled with half the cc's because what happens on the snow outside is the real deal and ANYBODY that belives all the comic books has no clue what "real world " is . if i told you i beat a thundercat with my f-5 today for a 1/2 mile on the cog base rd , what would you say?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
spin,
im just trying to make a point that if a bigger motored sled has something go wrong like traction or a hesitation, the smaller one could win. i guess thats why they say "thats racing" if my f-5 were to loose a race to a bigger sled, fine its only a 5 , but if i were to win, whats there excuse? lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts