Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am interested in twin pipes for the f-5. Has anyone done that yet? What were the results? good increase in perf., and what brand did you put on.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Why would anyone want to twin an F5? The sled comes with an excellent single pipe that is safe and reqires very little attention. When you figure out how much hp is gained from twins and how tempermental your once reliable sled has become it's not worth it. I know you didnt ask for my opinion on pipes but I have been down that road before and its a waste of time and money.......

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I agree with sled-head, I piped my ZR6 and from the first day on nothing but problems. Made it 54.3 miles with pipes installed before I cooked pistons, never again. Want more power, buy a bigger sled. Simple as that -_-

·
Registered
245 Posts
I couldnt agree with that AnyMORE! Why would you want a COLD-BLOODED, Heartless BITCH of a sled to deal with :blink: I've been down the BURNDOWN road already, it REALLY SUX.

NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.... BUY AN F7 :wub:

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
psi twin pipes = cooked motor and extra noise , lost low end power.
the polaris boys swear by twin pipes, they will do what ever to catch our cats

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Speaking of twin pipes. RX-1 with twin rear exaust+ 2 bananas= lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
I'm going to buy a set of either D&D or Speedwerx pipes. I haven't heard good stuff about PSI, and the pipes Blackmagic have don't tempt me with their sky-high RPM...

·
Registered
986 Posts
Twin pipes arnt worth a darn unless u go to a larger cc motor Not worth the greif for the little gain if any I have piped only & slowed down

·
Registered
841 Posts
Originally posted by kungfutu@Dec 19 2002, 01:38 PM
I'm going to buy a set of either D&D or Speedwerx pipes. I haven't heard good stuff about PSI, and the pipes Blackmagic have don't tempt me with their sky-high RPM...
The name Black Magic should be ban from this board.........they do not make a good pipe and Tim is a hard guy to deal with..........I could tell you lots of stories about how they swindled me out of a couple grand and set me backwards........the stuff just doesnt work. There was a post on a different site about an independant shop dynoing several manufactures of pipes on a ZR900.........the best two were PSI and SLP. Like they said above you have a little 500 why would you want to rob bottom end torque from yourself......Its not like you have a bunch to spare.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts