Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my first new Snowmobile ever this year. 2002 AC F-5 Had a used 1997 Polaris xlt sp Loaded and put 5000 miles on without any problems. All I've done is fix everything that AC didn't do right!!! on this one. I can't understand why so many problems with so much so called R & D . As for the rope fix, I used a piece of 5/8" plastic air line tube that you can find on many new tractor trailer trucks. I cut it to size and mounted it with a black wire tie in the hole just above the coil and one around the top of the oil resv. just below the cap. Looks like it was put on at the factory.( wire ties ) Had a water leak the day I got it home. it was the pipe on the bottom of the coolant resv. had burrs on the plastic fitting. used a file and sand paper to smooth it out. A week later AC came out with a notice of this problem. The good thing is that the leak caused my cooling system to get all the air out. Plug was loose on dash display.( found this when having display changed / had water in it. had a bad seal. ) Now I need to fix the location of the oil line behind secondary clutch. ( to close it may get damaged as noted in a forum by someone else.) What next . Oh forgot to mention that I have yet to ride this on a trail. bad weather this weekend. ( rain ) maybe after x-mas. :wacko:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is the pictures. I also used the repair kit from AC, you can see it at the end of the tube at the top. The red tube that the other guy made is from steel tubing. Looks like 3/8 brake line tube with a welded hook on it. heard it's going for $30. this would cost far less.

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Great pics vman, this is how it should come from the factory. Looks easy enough to do. Cat should hire you guys for their R&D dept.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I DID THE SAME THING WITH,GREY PVC CONDUIT,FLARED THE ENDS WITH A HEAT GUN & MADE GRADUAL BENDS..NO SHARP BENDS OTHERWISE THE ROPE WILL CUT INTO THE PLASTIC TUBING...IT TOOK 30 MINUTES & ABOUT 35 CENTS IN MATERIAL..YOU CAN ALSO GET ALUMINIUM TUBING,BUT YOU NEED A 1/2'' EMT BENDER FOR THAT,BUT ITS A NICER FIX..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts