Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
F-5 snopro, 96studs, 10" carbides,Had the rear coupling blocks set on 1, no other mods ,,,well boys not bad for the first day, The holeshot was pretty even with the 440 Rev pro sleds. The cornering was pretty good only lifting the inside ski on really hard acceleration, even without the swaybars installed.
As for the jumps and bumps not good at all! seems the rear suspension front shock is real light. Kept bottoming out in the qualifier so went and maxed the springs for the final. Better but it still sucked. The back of the sled would slide to the side a lot on braking nice for cornering but, it bit me once. I'm only 150lbs and still going to get the shocks revalved and new rear springs. As for the front shocks I'm going to keep the the same it was hard to concentrate on the front ones with my feet hurting so bad. I got a third in the Masters Pro so fun was had and $$ in the pocket. The snopro 440's guys said they were having simular problems.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
snowblind,
i just got off the phone with fett bros. about the shock valving and spring setup for the f-5 sno-pro for sno-x and hard trail use. ill be sending them my shocks for revalving and ill be updating my springs as well for my weight . ill let you know how it turns out.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by f-5snopro@Dec 17 2002, 11:29 AM
snowblind,
i just got off the phone with fett bros. about the shock valving and spring setup for the f-5 sno-pro for sno-x and hard trail use. ill be sending them my shocks for revalving and ill be updating my springs as well for my weight . ill let you know how it turns out.
I'm dealing with Don's Speed Parts, there is an update for Rear suspension for guys over 225lbs revalvind and springs part#3639-065. We are discussing putting this in but, I may go a little harder setup. Clutching is going in but undecided on the gearing, anybody have any experience?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
the only clutching that was done to mine was a 53/51 helix instead of the stock 51 , it did help. i hope to get more info on setups soon and try some with the help from dan at the outdoor shop

·
Registered
245 Posts
Dana, How Much$$ for re-valving at Fett?? May need that myslef. I found I can BOTTOM IT EASILY :angry: When I jumped that mound It Bottomed bad. I'm just about # 200 fully dressed, so That 225 is a bit optomistic :unsure: These SnoPro's are a bit SOFT - I think CAT went way too far when the made it for consumer use. Shoulda stayed FIRM and had to order soft springs.
How about making that an option on SPRING ORDER SLEDS. I could choose graphics, Std/snopro, Colors But why not Shocks? I got snopro because I figured it would be FIRM (and had COOL Reservoirs and BADASS TRACK). Not because it was made for a 140lb GIRLY MAN :blink:

·
Registered
341 Posts
Is the part number for the springs for all four of them or just the ski springs or skid springs? Also does anyone have a part number for arctic cat bar risers that are taller than stock?

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
not sure how mauch, he said there is no snow in minn. for any testing yet but he did have some ideas and would call me when my stuff arrives . all the shocks are going and im going to replace the springs as well. ill let you know when i know!

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
our you sure the front shock is bottoming out or is it your driver hitting the ground if you look at the jan/feb edition of snow tech on page 28 in tuning notes ( Due to the geometry of the rear suspension and the size of the drivers, the front arm of a Firecat can NOT bottom out. If the sled encounters a bump in exactly the right position, it will hit the drivers instead of allowing the front arm to absorb the bump.This may be perceived as the front arm bottoming out. This condition will only occur in extreme conditions with sharp bumps. It is not a problem with the front arm calibration, it is a characteristic of the design. th3e drivers are in the path of a set of sponsons on the bottom of the belly pan. the sponsons are there to reduce this effect. hope this helps this is the reason the 03 snopro went back to a 9 tooth driver instead of the 10 tooth

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
seems lik ethe rear thats bottoming out to me , but it all needs to come out anyways ,cuz iv e reached the 500 mile mark. need to change the shock oil and get them revalved for my weight .

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got the Video back and the fronts were bottoming out and the bumps were hitting the belly pan, as for the jumps and landings the whole sled was bottoming out.

·
Registered
171 Posts
mine is nice it is not at all too stiff yet it isn't at all soft i only way 130 so it lands nice and easy yet when over about 5-6 feet high it does hit kinda hard on the landing but only on a flat surface withc i would expect

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
ouch! better stiffen her up

1 - 14 of 14 Posts