Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked one up for one of my kids.
It's a pig. It hits a wall at about 40. So I'm asking for some direction so I don't have to look at all the old posts.

What's everyone running for jetting & clutching?

Thanks

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hitting the wall about 50 mph too early. Definatley something wrong. Check the valves first.

·
Registered
119 Posts
yea, definitely make sure the valves are hooked up or not stuck. my came unhooked once and it was really sluggish

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
my f-5 valves come unhooked at least once a day , im going to fix it soon, i just need some time ! when the valves come unhooked it rips from a start then falls on it face....................

·
Registered
58 Posts
Has to be the Valves like everyone said. My F5 pulls very hard around 45-50 mph all the way up to 90. The midrange is unbelievable on my sled. Top speed has been 101 for me. Stock jetting and a clutch kit.

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Originally posted by NYF5@Jan 20 2003, 11:02 AM
Has to be the Valves like everyone said. My F5 pulls very hard around 45-50 mph all the way up to 90. The midrange is unbelievable on my sled. Top speed has been 101 for me. Stock jetting and a clutch kit.
Who's clutch kit are you running?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Gunner F5,

I am running a Goodwin Performance clutch kit. It was a night and day difference after I put the kit in. If you are just cruising on a lake at 45-50 mph and nail it the sled pulls very very hard. Very happy with the kit. A friend of mine has been using Goodwin for years and has always had good results.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts