Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering who has an F250 out there, with either the 6.8 v10 or 5.4 v8 and what kind of mileage you're getting....

·
Registered
395 Posts
I've got one, but not with the engine you want (but you should). I've got the 7.3 turbo diesel in 2000 with crew cab. A friend of mine has same truck with the v-10, gas mileage is HORRIBLE, especially when he tows. Now he towed a large trailer and travels around the country for Polaris, was getting only about 6 mpg. His friend got the 350 duelly with 7.3 turbo diesel, now they use his. I get 15mpg towing my 21' enclosed v nose trailer with 2 sleds @70-75mph. Without towing on hwy, I'm at 17mpg.

·
Registered
534 Posts
BTW:
I have a 2003 5.4 V8 F150. I get about 15 MPG towing up north.

The things I hate about the new F150.

1. The seats are WAY TO HARD. Damn things cut off the circulation in my legs. I made the mistake of not getting powered seats, but the powered seat is just an adjustable bottom. The seat of my 1999 F150 was way softer and better. The new ones are almost like a small bucket seat with the seat being too short and the area below the thigh near the front of the seat WAY TO HIGH and firm. It's almost torture to ride in it. Rather than "upgrade" my base to a power seat base. I did the "OLD MAN" thing and got a thin seat cushion, so now I feel like some kind of old geezer riding while sitting on a pillow.

2. My radio 6 CD changer display went out and the truck is only three months old. Of course the service department told me that they will have to remove it and send it in for repairs, even though the truck is only 3 months old. Of course we know that nobody will end up fixing this thing and Ford will give me a new radio cd/player, but they have to be morons and take the radio out and leave me without one for a few days. The goofs.

3. The damn seat belt warning buzzer will buzz constantly FOREVER. In the older vehicles the buzzer wouldn't buzz after the first time it warned you. Now when you jump in the truck, it will buzz for 10 seconds, stop for 5 seconds and buss again for 10 seconds FOREVER. When your just sitting still in park it buzzes. I'm not even moving the damn truck and it's buzzing. As if I need to have a seat belt on if I'm just warming up my truck. If your backing up the thing and jumping out and getting back into the truck to line up your trailer and hitch it up, the damn seat belt alarm goes off. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A__.

Other than that, I enjoy the 5.4 liter engine. Everything else is nice with the truck. It's a Supercrew with plenty of room. But WHO CARES about features if your ass is sore from a crappy seat. Ford apparently doesn't get it. Maybe Quality is not job ONE anymore.

It's doesn't get the greatest miliage, but has plenty of torque for my needs (pulling an enclosed V-nose Aluminum 2 place).

I'll tell you what. Ford motor company better get their act together and make a decent truck. When the new cars are worse than the earlier ones, because God only knows what moron design the seats in the thing, it's getting pretty bad and they will lose market share.

Done ranting. . . I feel better.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
My freind has F-250 v-10 4x4 with the 8ft box
leather ,you name it.He tows an enclose single trailer
and a 34ft travel trailer in the summer.Nice truck with
small problems other than the gas mileage which there
is no cure.Winter mileage has not been been over 9.0
on the highway,town is 6-7 to the gallon.This is a 2002
and he ordering a new deisel ,ford or dodge,both are
good dealers here.It is cheaper to drive his Doo in the
winter than the truck.
Cape Breton Stock...................................

·
Registered
15 Posts
2000 F250 supercab 5.4L, 4.11 LS rear, auto
averages 15 mpg mixed driving, mostly highway
averages 12 mpg towing 2000LBS :D

·
Registered
193 Posts
HEY ATOMICAT if you want your seatbelt dinger to quit dinging when your belt is off push down on the seatbelt release button after you start the truck.trust me mine does it and until someone told me it drove me nuts also.

·
Registered
2,309 Posts
2000 F-250 5.4 L 10-13 mpg , 8-9 towing. Really sucks. Not that great in the snow or ice either but that might be due to the sucky wide Firestone tires that came with the truck. I really hate them. Anybody else feel the same way?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts