Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of u may know, I was one of the unfortunate to have their F 1000 go Down. I was not able to put my Y pipe and and bullseyes andDD clutch kit on this machine, YET and am not sure if I ever will( damn crappy Winter). I asked Dale at DD if they had a clutch kit for a stock F 1000 and he told me to use the clutch kit that is used for the F 1000 ( with the Y pipe and Bullseyes) and instead of using the 2 67 gram weights and the 2 69 gram weights, that it came with, to replace the 2 69 gram weight with the 2 67s there fore using 4 67 gram weghts along with everything tha6t came in the kit. So I guess the only difference between a clutch kit for the F 1000 with a Y pipe and Bullseyes and a stock F 1000 is the difference in the clutch weights.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
As some of u may know, I was one of the unfortunate to have their F 1000 go Down. I was not able to put my Y pipe and and bullseyes andDD clutch kit on this machine, YET and am not sure if I ever will( damn crappy Winter). I asked Dale at DD if they had a clutch kit for a stock F 1000 and he told me to use the clutch kit that is used for the F 1000 ( with the Y pipe and Bullseyes) and instead of using the 2 67 gram weights and the 2 69 gram weights, that it came with, to replace the 2 69 gram weight with the 2 67s there fore using 4 67 gram weghts along with everything tha6t came in the kit. So I guess the only difference between a clutch kit for the F 1000 with a Y pipe and Bullseyes and a stock F 1000 is the difference in the clutch weights.[/b]
So they are using less wieght than stock???
must have a 42 or 44 end helix???

·
Registered
29 Posts
The aftermarket clutch kit works almost never...... make your own kits with a little effort theres no problem with the f1000 the best tips I have is use a 44/40 and stock everything else in the clutches but the gearing is a little bit to high it runs better with 65/55 from the crossfire 1000 if you use 44/40 and the gearing it will hold rpm perfect´and you gain about 2 sleds in 120 meters

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Funny that you say to use stock stuff.... thats what DD is saing about a f 10 with y-pipe,,,, with pipe,,and with intake ,, just swap in their yellow drive spring,,, thats it.. so ???

·
Registered
299 Posts
Maybe I miss understood your message. He did say to use the rest of the kit right. So why would you say that the only difference between stock and kit is weights. Everything but the secondary spring is different. Helix, weights, primary springs its all different.

·
Registered
7,214 Posts
Maybe I miss understood your message. He did say to use the rest of the kit right. So why would you say that the only difference between stock and kit is weights. Everything but the secondary spring is different. Helix, weights, primary springs its all different.[/b]
He means stock clutch kit and Pipe and Bullseye kit

·
Registered
816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There are three clutch setups. The one from Cat, the one from D anD which would replace the one from Cat if you leave the sled totally stock and the one from
D and D which u would use in addition to their Y pipe and Bullseyes. I was talking about the difference between the two D and D setups. The only difference of the two is the weights.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Dan from D&D told me to use the Red primary spring w/ a Y-Pipe, single-pipe & Bullseye's... no clutch kit necessary. Is that the consensus on here too? Hopefully so, I just ordered one from D&D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts