Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like additinal storage will be a must for any serious adventures. I will probably get the extra gas tank. Does anyone know if the rear rack bag fits with the gas tank or do you need the closeoff bag? Does the closeoff bag hold enough to make it worth while? Any other ideas? Thanks!

·
Registered
230 Posts
I have the rear storage bag. It goes in the same place as the extra fuel tank. You will need the close-off bag with the fuel tank. I believe the close-off bag will hold a good amount of stuff, just not as much as the other storage bag.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Supposedly, only the smaller rear close off bag will work on the switch.
PN#2875406.

Does anybody have the dimensions for the close off bag?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the fuel tank and the rear rack bag. I am putting the tank in the rack as designed and putting the bag directly behind it as you would for the close off bag. The rear rack bag will strap to the rack at one end and to two eye bolts I have put in the tunnel extension at the other. The cooler is well forward of this and nothing else is in the way. Doing this allows you to use the larger bag and have it attach securely.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Sounds good.

Do you have any pics???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks, I want to make one edit to an earlier statement I made, the cooler is not in front of the eye bolts, it is in between them, as it is a lot narrower than the tunnel.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It looks like additinal storage will be a must for any serious adventures. I will probably get the extra gas tank. Does anyone know if the rear rack bag fits with the gas tank or do you need the closeoff bag? Does the closeoff bag hold enough to make it worth while? Any other ideas? Thanks![/b]
use 2004 xc rear rack cargo bag and you can make it fit

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Can you get at your seat release with the gas can there?

I want the big bag, and the fuel can, But I do not want it Half-assed rigged like a migrant farm workers truck with crap hanging off all over the place!! I do not want to drill holes either!!

I am settling for the close-off bag, fuel can, I want the shovel but hate the $60.00 price. I need room for spare oil, a couple of cokes, some pain meds, and some emergency freeze dried food in case I get stranded/hurt!

Anyone find a way to secure the ".scoop" type of shovel yet (the handle-less type)

I am defenitely adding "Blue-dots" to that ugly-ass tail light. And upgrading to LED bulbs!!

·
Premium Member
‘21 Indy 600 SP 137 & 2015 RMK 155 LE
25,367 Posts
You guys may want to get with Paul from Sled Solutions and see if Skinz has a product
that would work for ya. Best part is if they(Skinz)don't and there is enough call for one,
they will make you one! :beerchug:

·
Registered
415 Posts
Polaro has a new semi-rigid formed bag for the 07s, that would probably fit with the eyebolt set up as well. It is on the web site. I have the gas tank and you can get the seat release just fine. The close off bag is pretty damn small. I bought it and sent it back. I'm going off memory but maybe 5" X 5" X 14". Doesn't look right imo either because it sticks out wider than seat base and gas can.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
I would love someplace to keep extra oil, a belt tha isn't resting on the pipe, Dry clean clothes ?, Shovel, spare fuel. And the most important, a holster for a 10" barrel desrt eagle with a scope on it!! Right on the bars for easy reach!! LOL

Seriously, what kind of goodies can we expect for the IQ's, especailly the ones with the huge porch hanging off the back like the one in my avatar.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I use the fuel tank and large bag without drilling. I just loosened the rear bolts for the plastic heat exchanger cover and feed the bags rear straps underneath before tightening them back up. I even have the Polaris shovel kit under the bag. No pics but it looks just like the setup with the eyelets on the last page.

·
Registered
480 Posts
This is what I did last year. Worked really good, especially the kayak bag. It's totally waterproof and you can get any size to suit your needs. They are made of some type of rubberized cloth that stays flexible in the cold.
The fanny pack for the tank is where I put all the stuff you'd normally put in a windshield bag. It simply unsnaps to get out of the way when you're gassing up. Plus you can bring it in at night.

Shovel, Wal-Mart $8
Cargo net $6
Kayak Bag $20
North Face fanny pack $20

Attachments

1 - 20 of 23 Posts