Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Arctic Cat,

I have an F7 Sno-pro, it's an absolutely awesome sled, but the quality does seem to be lacking. My sled did blow a cylinder do to these issues, and I lost the only week of vacation I took off this year(I had to drive an RX-1, OOhh the pain.). I don't trust it and want to upgrade to an '04, but the resale on these will not be very good, because of their reputation, so how about giving your Firecat buyers some extra Cat cash towards an 04, or a free extended warranty on our '03's. I would buy the extended warranty but you do not offer it here in Canada. Any consideration would be appreciated by all concerned.

Thank you.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Totally agree- Cat cash or Extended warranty. The Firecats are great sleds once all the problems are taken care of but these first year models are like the plague- eneryone will avoid them and resale will be very low.

It's allmost embarrasing to tell people I have a Firecat- the first thing they say is "Has it blown up yet?"

Please restore mine and others faith in AC and do something positive for us brave first year buyers.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Aree here. I think an extended warranty would be nice. Especially for those of us who haven't been able to get much riding time in due to lack of snow. I've been lucky and haven't had anything go wrong, but, then again I don't have many miles on.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
The rsale is really low I was going to trade and they will only give me $3500 and it only has 400k on it they said nobody will buy them. My engine just burnt down and what will Everyone do when they have no warranty left I know people that have less than 50 miles on theirs this year and when december rolls around next year they might have the same but when we finnaly do get snow they will ride and burn it down and if it starts coming out of there pockets with only 50 miles on you will lose valued customers. so I think 1 year extended warranty on the engine would be a wise choice.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
An extention of our warranty seems to be the least Arctic Cat should do. I.ve had my black f7 sno-pro for three maonths now. I have 35 miles on it. If mother nature continues to not cooperate, I may not get this thing brocken in this year. I am more than a little worried that i will have a problem soon after the warranty expires. AC, most of us here have bled green all our lives. Its time to step up to the plate and help those of us who have supported you company for many years.

avrg.joe

·
Registered
137 Posts
Yes, yes, we have become "test pilots" once again.
Cat should certainly reward the owners of the '03 with the very least an
entended warranty on the engine components.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
The same here!!!!! 1 year extened warranty would be nice,even if it's just on the engine.

·
Super Moderator
4,357 Posts
I agree also but I doubt cat will do this for us.... I love my f7 more and more each day but sometimes I just don't have alot of faith in it after reading all of the problems here

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Few hundred bucks for some piece of mind , I can rent a sled if it were to break on the trail, only becuz i know Cat is taking care of me. In Newberry and Paradise all they rent are Cats. If I had to pay for a major repair how could you afford it, your week is done at minimum. Or then theres the duct tape fix,or wow it caught on fire routine, and Mr. Insurance man picks the bill up. You know it happens then all of a sudden they dont insure cat F7's and that would be only the start of it. Then they buy what ins does insure.

·
Registered
874 Posts
I have been really worried about this issue too. I have an F5 with about 50 miles on it due to lack of snow and I don't think I will get the sled even broken in before Dec 1. So most likely if anything is going to happen it will happen out of warranty. I was thinking about going to my dealer to see what he would suggest.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think an extra year engine warranty is not a bad idea at all. It is a good faith measure on Arctic Cats part. If they don't have further trouble it will cost them very little and if it costs them alot the customer deserved the coverage even more so. As far as the resale though In our store the F7 is the only thing really selling only 2 left. The performance is making it very desired. We have had good luck so far though and not much snow. Mileage is low. The sheer volume of them is probably going to hurt the resale the most. And it does appear that our area is different as far as the type of riding. I do think there have been alot of failures elsewhere. One thing I don't like is people trying to blame the dealer or the rider for everything. It is a little more on the edge but it is a consumer product. The same type of people drive ZR900s and such with virtually no engine trouble. Just my opinion.
Steve

·
Registered
188 Posts
Please extend the warranty so that we can have some sort of piece of mind! I love this sled, but am wondering when it will blow!?!?!?

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Gotta agree here. I have had no problems but another year on the engine would be good. I bought my F7 on the spring order program. The ZR's had the 2 year warranty. The F7's should as well.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Must say if I had more miles on my sled I might disagree, but since at this point I have a whopping 10 miles, it would be nice to have some reassurance going into next year.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I'd be THRILLED TO DEATH with an extra year engine warranty -- INCLUDING the smart valves and complete fuel delivery system! What's Polaris -- two year engine warranty? Yamaha -- 3 year FULL warranty?? MOST Cats -- two year engine warranty???

As it is, the average snowmobile is only practically covered for what -- four months, three month, two months, or LESS in some cases??? I almost can't fathom the thought that some people still have YET to even put a single mile on their new sled! :( -- Roy

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hey Cat, if you want to put all this bitchin' to a rest, send us all letters saying that you appreciate all of us spending top dollar for your product and will extend our warranties for another season for being testers of a great platform, the F7. It would show us that you really are watching our backs, in this respect due to the burndown problems some have had. Heck, I would be happy for a motor ONLY warranty. That would make me very appreciative.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I would second the motor only option, however include the sleds ancillary systems, fuel, oil and coolant.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts