Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
Giantkillerf5 has a 144". It hooks really good! The previous owner should be able to help you out on costs involved, can't remember his name off hand but pm Giantkillerf5, should be able to hook you up.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was more or less wondering for the floation. I ride in Iowa where we have no snow. But we travel to the Mnts twice a year. A little extra would be nice out there. But here in dicht country I don't need all that extra.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Long tracks are fun boondockers. Biggest thing to a Firecat in the powder is keeping snow out of the beak.

Oops... :banana:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have put simmons flex skis on this year. They have been worh putting on. there is large difference between faactory skis to these. I was just hoping that extending a little bit would help on keep me from getting stuck. Better floatation in the front needs better floatation in the back. Snow in he beak can be fixed with a little time at a sewing machine. And a lady friend if you cannot sew. I just bought some of the prefilter stuff from SLP. It looks dumb but heck I don't have much problems.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I have put simmons flex skis on this year. They have been worh putting on. there is large difference between faactory skis to these. I was just hoping that extending a little bit would help on keep me from getting stuck. Better floatation in the front needs better floatation in the back. Snow in he beak can be fixed with a little time at a sewing machine. And a lady friend if you cannot sew. I just bought some of the prefilter stuff from SLP. It looks dumb but heck I don't have much problems.[/b]
I just bought a pair of shimmons so glad to hear that they are worth it. Thinkin about exectending my track to but have figure out how i'm going to fit it in my trailer first. :div20:

·
Registered
122 Posts
check out my post from last week or so, it was called "firecat 144 mods". I bought the 144 kit from my dealer and made some additional mods. Couldnt afford a mnt sled so thats the reason i went that way. Its a big improvement or stock for the mountain and powder riding. I dont seem to "trench" in the powder like some people say the firecats do. I used to live and ride in SD so we ditch bang there and you need to be carefull that you keep it flat or you will bend the rails. 4 wheel Billet axle is a must in my opinion.I will get you some pics of the conversion process if i get time.

·
Registered
10,580 Posts
Don't bother with the 144 if all your going to do is extend it. At that point you might as well go 162. Just do a 136 by setting back your skid, there are a couple threads about it I think.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts