Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 03 xc 600 w/ a 136" x1" track studded having trouble bottoming out going through deeper holes .If I move the rear supendtion to the lower holes will this suport it ? or should I use lowering brackets such as the ones from SLP or is this the wrong way to fix the problem? :dunno:

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
Thinking lower holes aren't the answer, but would help to know a little more about a few things to try and figure out what is. Last time/milage since shocks were rebuilt? Rear scissor stop (RRSS) setting? Kit used for 136"? Still using middle hole for lower scissor pivot? How much sag? How sled is primarily used?

·
Registered
844 Posts
When I streached my '01 600 Edge to a 136, the kit instructions said to move the rear suspension to the lower brackets. That made stearing VERY hard, but I did not bottom out. I moved it back into the normal position and put the heavy duty springs on and it gave me the balance I was looking for. I have also put the rear sisor stop to the forward position and have the spring tension on the stiffest setting.

I weigh 250 with all my gear. It gave me the balance I was looking for. SLightly stiff suspension for the roughies, but good ski pressure for the twisties.

·
Registered
6,369 Posts
the best way to stop it from bottoming out is revalve that POS position sensitive shock or get a clicker! getting heavy springs causes to fast of rebound with stock shocks..... that what I found with my xc.... the stock fox skid frame shocks are not all that bad once someone revalves them and bypasses the dead band in the middle ! I am sure someone like Jb shocks can help you with this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts