Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a longer brake line for a 2019 800 SBA (for that matter, for axys sleds with the Hayes brake, in general).?

I’m running an inch taller riser than stock, the master cylinder is sitting as far out on the bar as it will go to accommodate a shorty lever and my hand guards, and i run my brake levers angled down pretty far. it’s not doing the stock line or banjo bolt any favors, i could use another couple inches.

·
Registered
20 850 Assault
2,476 Posts
Yes, like Deephaven says. Extend it from the caliper with a small piece of hard line from the auto parts store. You need the line and a coupling. Total cost is about $10.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was looking at ordering a Pro-X line ... which is a little longer but a whole lot more $$ ... Anybody got a pic to share of how you routed/secured the section of hard line and coupler? Any issues with vibration or contacting the understructure?

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
The hard line goes into your caliper and you can carefully bend it anywhere it needs to go. No real need to secure it as it is a hard line. :)

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking more about where the stock brake line connects ... if that bounces around, putting undue strain on the fitting between flex line and hard line. I am prolly overthinking it because the hard line's only going to be 2-3" long and I can figure out how to tie down the flex line when I mock everything up.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all -- in the end I called Galfer and had them make me one custom. Cost about $30 more than the Power Madd. I can't tell you how it works (haven't installed it yet) but it looks slick and they were pretty easy to deal with.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts