Hardcore Sledder banner

61 - 80 of 104 Posts

·
Super Moderator
36,528 Posts
I'm not posting my club because some of you are such REEEE triggered snowflakes that you will cause me trouble if I do post it. I know it. You can't stand that my opinion is different than yours, even if I back mine up with evidence, and you will go to great lengths to fuck with my life because you're bored and have nothing better to do.

I say common sense > authoritarian following of rules that don't make sense in the bigger picture. Stay on trails= good. When a corner is blown out due to poor trail layout and it's down to the dirt, ... yeah. Common sense. Sucks that some people don't have any.
You don't even belong to a Club..

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
What I do? Stay on the trail at all times unless a corner is blown out down to the dirt?

Yup, I'm the problem. I'm actually personally responsible for BRP suing cat this year too. Also, I invented covid. Who's laughing now?
like I said, very childish like minded you are!

and yes, if a corner is down to dirt and THAT":S where the land owner wants the trail, then 100% YES you STAY ON THE TRAIL

as again, MAYBE the land owner is OK with damage to THAT AREA!
it is NOT your RIGHT to make a decision for the land over to go off trail
and as I said,
YOUR the type of guy that gets trails closed, by THINKING ,
YOU< know more than the land owner does about THERE LAND!
some day maybe you will grow up and get it!
but at the same time your possibly screwing yourself and others being the way you are!

Grow UP already!
odds are your already past the age of being able to claim being DUMB due to age alone!

·
HCS Ambassador
2014 ZR8000lxr 19-20 mileage = 904.5
4,017 Posts
That's the thing. I was part of the PSSA for 15 years and while I went to the show every year and talked from the membership desk to strangers about membership in the PSSA we could never get anyone to join. It was sad. ONce in a while yes someone would but the truth is in PA we were lucky to have 10% of the riders be a member of the state organization. It sucked. And there's a lot of people like this cash guy who just did whatever the f* they wanted. They'd never join a club and they for sure wouldn't join the state organization as they didn't "see" what we did for them. A joke. And i quit that all because of these people. It's easier for me. So why bother ??!! I had enough of it in the 15 years. I still am involved at my local club and I'm just as happy there. Sure, it would be nice to know what is going on with the state org still and i do talk to some of my friends there but not like when you are on the board and involved in all the crap that happens. Sad but true.

Steve ex Treasurer of PSSA

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
That's the thing. I was part of the PSSA for 15 years and while I went to the show every year and talked from the membership desk to strangers about membership in the PSSA we could never get anyone to join. It was sad. ONce in a while yes someone would but the truth is in PA we were lucky to have 10% of the riders be a member of the state organization. It sucked. And there's a lot of people like this cash guy who just did whatever the f* they wanted. They'd never join a club and they for sure wouldn't join the state organization as they didn't "see" what we did for them. A joke. And i quit that all because of these people. It's easier for me. So why bother ??!! I had enough of it in the 15 years. I still am involved at my local club and I'm just as happy there. Sure, it would be nice to know what is going on with the state org still and i do talk to some of my friends there but not like when you are on the board and involved in all the crap that happens. Sad but true.

Steve ex Treasurer of PSSA
and then don't forget that even THOSE that DO join a club, doesn;t mean there active and then do anything but simply pay a small yearly fee!
I know I am a member at a few clubs, and to be honest only active at one , due to distance and location
but every yr I make time to go and do trail work at least a few times a yr, and its a 150 mile one way trip each time

it always amazes me how, there can be hundreds of members in some clubs, and then when time comes for some simple work to be done, how almost NO one shows up to help!
and then come snow season, you hear folks complain about this or that, or like this OP of this starter, trying to tell folks information based on nothing but there BS imagination on how THEY think things should be!

never once doing any work, to make anything better or, just ding work period!

trails need work every yr, and the older guys that been doing it, are not getting any younger and many are NOT feeling appreciated, when they folks complain and NOT follow signs and rules of the trails

as its the REAL volunteer members that do almost ALL the work, have to talk to the land owners when they are UN happy and BEG every yr for access again! folks like thi OP< just have NO real clue on what it takes to make snowmobile trails happen and to keep them yr after yr
this can also be said about MOST members of clubs sadly
only most do speak so openly about NOT following the rules or complaining they know more than the land owner!
He's just a bad apple, and a bad example
I wish he had the balls to go to his trail club, and tell them what he does when HE feels like it and see how long they like him there!
or maybe get off the world wide web and Go out there and talk to land owners and make things better rather than trying to ruffle feathers here !

·
Registered
8,269 Posts
like I said, very childish like minded you are!

and yes, if a corner is down to dirt and THAT":S where the land owner wants the trail, then 100% YES you STAY ON THE TRAIL

as again, MAYBE the land owner is OK with damage to THAT AREA!
it is NOT your RIGHT to make a decision for the land over to go off trail
and as I said,
YOUR the type of guy that gets trails closed, by THINKING ,
YOU< know more than the land owner does about THERE LAND!
some day maybe you will grow up and get it!
but at the same time your possibly screwing yourself and others being the way you are!

Grow UP already!
odds are your already past the age of being able to claim being DUMB due to age alone!
I haven't kept up on this thread because I knew the angle this guy was going to try to push. Take a bunch of pictures and claim going off trail doesn't hurt fields, therefore he will think it's ok to trespass on private property and probably get trails closed.
How did I do?
The o.p. is a clown. Guarantee he doesn't own land himself. The part he can't seem to understand, the land owner can dictate 100% what the trail does or doesn't do across his land. He doesn't have to give a reason why he doesn't want sleds going off trail. He owes NOTHING to snowmobilers, quite the opposite. The o.p. is an entitled asshole. Respect other people's property that they are letting you use, people like this guy are low lifes. If there's no snow, ride the dirt, if you don't like that, stay the fuck home or ride where there's more snow or less farming or no private property. Entitled asshole with no respect for other people's hard work because he's never done it or owned anything.

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,637 Posts
I don’t know what the #1 issue/complaint from land owners in Sconnie is, but in MN it’s trespassing. Huh, I wonder why that is, any clue??

·
Registered
916 Posts
For the trails we maintain in WI it's off trail, trespassing whatever you want to call it is still the biggest issue. A close second to that is noise. Both get trails closed just as fast.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
lol. I belong to a club. I put trails in and hang sings every year. I own property. Nice strawman tho.

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
Some more math... Math = facts.

So my county has 320 miles of trails. About 60% is across fields. (In being very conservative, its probably more like 70-75%) so 320 x .6 (that's 60%) = 192 miles. And that in feet is? 192 x 5280 (feet in a mile) = 1,013,760 feet. Multiple that by the narrowest parts, 8 feet wide (we all know they get wider in parts, but for this we will pretend its all at the narrowest). 1,013,760 x 8 = 8,110,080 sq ft. Lets see how much of that is in acres. 8,110,080 ÷ 43560 (sq ft in an acre) = 186 acres. That's alot of acres. More than my money could buy. Especially agricultural. Don't forget we took out 40% of the trails right away. So that's on agricultural property.

Its their property thats worth more than regular grass land because it make them money. Its their buisness.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
lol. I belong to a club. I put trails in and hang sings every year. I own property. Nice strawman tho.
so what exactly do you do to PUT in trails??
and this is a question asking for details??

as you already said you DON"T talk to land owners about any suggestions
SO< do you just follow what the club tells you when installing signs
and then come snow time ignore than when ever you THINK you know more than the land owners do??

and when your hanging signs that say STAY ON TRAILS< do those words NOT mean anything to you??
you over and over again showing how little you know and worse yet how little respect you have for land owners and or your CLUB< and snowmobiling in general
your again the BAD apple that ruins things for rest of us, due to your ignorance and feeling you KNOW BETTER about things you don't have any clue on in the REAL WORLD< not make believe in YOUR mind!
your FEAR of stating what club you belong to speaks volumes to any REAL honest snowmobiler's that actually care about the sport and have appreciation for and to the land owner's that let us USE their land every year!

A shame, your so ignorant and willing to tell the world about being this way and feeling apparently NO shame in your ways!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Brapping w a can in a powder sled way off trail and cutting across peoples fields and riding on their private property is not the same as cutting a blown out dirt corner.

If you think that's the same thing, you are seriously... and I mean SERIOUSLY... mentally handicapped.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Brapping w a can in a powder sled way off trail and cutting across peoples fields and riding on their private property is not the same as cutting a blown out dirt corner.

If you think that's the same thing, you are seriously... and I mean SERIOUSLY... mentally handicapped.
again, your showing how simple minded you are
as if you cannot tell that TWO WRONG"S
are BOTH wrong
and there is NO excuse for either, then it is YOU that are seriously mentally handicapped!

if land is private and someone with a CAN , and a MT sled(not sure why this matters, all the more so if your CLAIM that off trail riding in a field doesn't do any damage??)
if they blows thru there field~!

but either way its WRONG 10 WRONG< no IF AND"S OR BUTT:S! i

AND< since your again so mentally unable to comprehend this FACT!(since you like to say FACTS matter but apparently NOT when they prove your wrong??)

BUT< if you drive OFF trailer, when a LAND owner doesn;'t want you to, (blowing out a corner and going OFF the path chosen by the land owner)

its still private land being trespassed by a IDIOT that doesn't value the snowmobile trail system or have ANY respect for the land owners that allow use of there lands!
there it is also WRONG and actually Illegal(trespassing is a legal issue! not to mention the rude ignorance of doing it, shows those that do, have piss poor up bringing and lack of genral respect of others property!
add in again, your disrespecting your club, the sport and again the LAND OWNER!
maybe you again need to GROW UP
and stop being an asswipe here, trying to sell your ignorance with excuses why YOU THINK you have the right to do as you wish on others lands and FAIL to follow basic rules of snowmobile trails!
Maybe grow a set of balls and go tell your club member that its YOU that decides to blow thru off trails in corners due to some dirt showing and go off marked trails to do so, and then see what they say to you
But I gather you don;t have the guts to do this, your nothing but a keyboard jerk, that doesn't have any respect for others, NOR yourself! based on your actions you type about here!

·
Registered
166 Posts
o near my house, there are a few fields. The ditches are super uneven/tippy, and the fields are on rolling hills. Since I have lived here, anyone who needs to 'ditch' ride down this road to the trail network does so when it is flat/safe, but on certain parts with a lot of culverts/rivers/angled sections so the path goes up the hill and rides the edge of the field.

Absolutely nobody goes out and tears up this dudes field, but there is a decently trafficked section along the edge of his farm field.
so cash your original post says nothing about corners
your second post says farmers are old and both and complain
you still don’t get it, there is no way you know anything about ag or crops. I wish I had known you were going to post about fields and no damage and I would have took a pic of my yard where I run my sleds this winter and compare it to today where you can see the drought and what my yard looks like
this is all about ownership and compaction . First it is the farmer or landowners RIGHT to botch and complain if they want because they own it and pay taxes. Second you STILL haven’t answered or commented on my post about ice and running on a lake in the same pass makes the ice go deeper . This is the same affect ina field which affects compaction and compaction affects nutrient uptake and yield. UNLESS YOU FARM you will never understand this

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
again, your showing how simple minded you are
as if you cannot tell that TWO WRONG"S
are BOTH wrong
and there is NO excuse for either, then it is YOU that are seriously mentally handicapped!

if land is private and someone with a CAN , and a MT sled(not sure why this matters, all the more so if your CLAIM that off trail riding in a field doesn't do any damage??)
if they blows thru there field~!

but either way its WRONG 10 WRONG< no IF AND"S OR BUTT:S! i

AND< since your again so mentally unable to comprehend this FACT!(since you like to say FACTS matter but apparently NOT when they prove your wrong??)

BUT< if you drive OFF trailer, when a LAND owner doesn;'t want you to, (blowing out a corner and going OFF the path chosen by the land owner)

its still private land being trespassed by a IDIOT that doesn't value the snowmobile trail system or have ANY respect for the land owners that allow use of there lands!
there it is also WRONG and actually Illegal(trespassing is a legal issue! not to mention the rude ignorance of doing it, shows those that do, have piss poor up bringing and lack of genral respect of others property!
add in again, your disrespecting your club, the sport and again the LAND OWNER!
maybe you again need to GROW UP
and stop being an asswipe here, trying to sell your ignorance with excuses why YOU THINK you have the right to do as you wish on others lands and FAIL to follow basic rules of snowmobile trails!
Maybe grow a set of balls and go tell your club member that its YOU that decides to blow thru off trails in corners due to some dirt showing and go off marked trails to do so, and then see what they say to you
But I gather you don;t have the guts to do this, your nothing but a keyboard jerk, that doesn't have any respect for others, NOR yourself! based on your actions you type about here!
There's only one person being a keyboard jerk here, and it's you.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
There's only one person being a keyboard jerk here, and it's you.
what's a matter did I hurt your little feelings??
Maybe run to mommy and ask her yo help you LOL
and to be honest here if you can do that(as in be honest),??
YOU??
you started calling names and being disrespectful here?
so??

and as such I figured since your mentality is so low, I would dumb things down TRYING to help you understand your wrongs?
but as expected you have not learned anything and just stand behind your ignorance and keep showing you DON"T get basic things
and well, I also guess the truth hurts, and your childish needed to reply again with an insult to make yourself feel better!

maybe some day you'll grow up and become a responsible respectful person!

61 - 80 of 104 Posts