Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently learned here that there IS a dealer in Fairbanks and not just in Anchorage. I had a bad phone call with Anchorage and now several are saying to stay away from that dealer. Any info on why they might be a bad dealer?

Any info on why Fairbanks is such a good dealer? If so, that works in my favor as Fairbanks is much closer to me. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have never delt with anchorage or fairbanks, but I have had really good luck with wasilla arctic cat. They work with alot of people out in the bush, so you should give them a call. Talk to Dan or Mike, they are the two owners, and will help you out, the number is 376-5845, hope this helps. Ron

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wasilla too? I guess part of my question should be where are all the dealers in AK located? I can't understand why only Anchorage is listed on the AC website dealer list???

·
Registered
19 Posts
I know where there are a few, anchorage, wasilla, biglake,fairbanks,glennallen, seward, soldotna, and I'm sure that there are alot more that I don't know of. Ron

·
Registered
544 Posts
My dealing with Fairbanks NPS has been really good so far. The staff is really helpful and they had the parts I needed. I wish the mail system was faster.....I would order my parts from them more often.... The parts from Anchorage seems to get to Kotz faster....to me anyway..

·
Registered
2 Posts
i wanna say that Northern power sports in fairbanks are by far the best in the state. they stock every thing and you can count on it being in the mail the same day.

oh by the way.. i see where my little buddy from kotz has been hanging out. keep up the good work. stop by if you come up this way (rebuild some shocks). the pass is pretty fast right now. i saw the request for more top end too. easy now.

·
Registered
544 Posts
yeah I always need more speed........thats why I bought a cat.....I think I will stick with the same set up........

and yes my polaris shocks needs to be rebuilt.....I will be running the trail with it.... I will dump some gas in kiana, make a round trip then back to kotz.... maybe a few times before the 5th

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think Northern Power Sports is a good place, they always treated me good, (like reconize you), which i think count's. If you decide NPS, Steve, Craig, or Colby are the good guys. By the ways I never dealt with anchorage. Anchorage is the supplier for the whole state.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've had a really good experience with NPS there really nice..they wanna help...

·
Registered
430 Posts
My experience with Anchorage Suzuki Arctic Cat is they just want to sell you the sled (or 4 wheeler in my case), then disappear. So, I bought my ATV from Northern Power in Fairbanks. Real nice people to work with.

The reason only Anch is shown on AC's dealer website is that they are a distributor in Alaska, meaning all the dealers get their sleds through Anchorage. There really is no advantage to this system, as Polaris, Ski-Doo, and Yamaha found out and they are all now dealer direct, they buy from the factory and order parts the same. Why have a middle man? Have been hoping Arctic would abolish their distributor system in the State, as this would mean the little dealer would get a better price on their sleds they order, which would be passed on to the consumer. Totally stupid the way it is now.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Frostbit for the explanation. I wondered if that's the case. That also explains the salesman's attitude over the phone with me...kind of a "I don't want to talk to you but you'll buy from us anyway".

What's interesting to me is how incredibly loyal most of you are to AC with many things discouraging you at the same time...numerous updates, bad dealer experiences, some guys get coupons and some don't, multiple breakdowns, poor trade in values, bad customer service...am I leaving something out? Of course, not everyone is having all of these problems but it sounds like everyone is having one or more of these problems. I have never ridden a F7 but it must really be something to keep you guys smiling in between breakdowns.

Again, the F6 sounds like the best firecat sled right now. The only bad comment from the F7 camp is that it gets passed at 60-80 mph. Uh, ok and that's enough to keep you on your unreliable but fast sled? I guess it's your money and this is really off topic anyway but it's my thread.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
To answer part of my own question, here is a list of AC dealers from the Bushmailer ad in alphabetical order...

Alakanuk
Ambler
Anchorage
Bethel
Big Lake
Cantwell
Clear
Copper Center
Delta Junction
Eagle
Eagle River
Fairbanks