Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been having problems with my exhaust vlaves. After 1600 miles they stuck and the cables came off the servo. I removed the valves and cleaned them on a wire wheel, reoiled the valves with synthetic APV, replaced 1 new cable, lubed the other cable, and adjusted both accordingly. Also noticed to get the min. adjustment out of the cables they need to be maxed out. I rode the sled approx. 100 miles evrything ok, next ride 120 miles, temp around zero all day and the valves stuck. I had to pull the valve covers and spray carb cleaner in to free them up. The sled runs ok, a little hasitation after idle. After a 127 mile ride yesterday the oil reservoir was down about 3", and no problems. Any ideas?

·
Registered
3 Posts
had lots of the same thing last year on my 02 600 Mt. cat. went to amsoil this year 800 miles valves are like new clean as a whistle. the only trouble the drain line was full of junk the AMSIOL cleaned it out and it drained all over my floor. I'm not an amsoil dealer just a user my local dealer sells it to me for 15.50 a gal if I buy it by the case. :D

·
Registered
726 Posts
our local sled mechanic is selling two gallons of spectro exaust valve formula for almost $50.oo :wacko: . what is anyone else paying for their spectro stuff? also i heard that klotz oil kinda make your sled smell like a race one :) . what does that go for, and is there anyother oil that has an awesome smell?

·
Registered
303 Posts
On the 800, I noticed that there is play in the mounting plate bolt holes. I also noticed that if you were not careful, you could get slight binding when re-assembling clean valves. Since the mounting plate is actually what guides the sliding valve, I take care to "center" the valves as I re-assemble them. I have not had any problems with sticking.

BobCat

·
Premium Member
2,846 Posts
Bobcat,

The 600 valves are different from the 800 valves.

F250 stop using that crappy Cat APV oil!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts