Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently cleaning the exhaust valves in my 2004 pro x 600 and noticed one bellow was loose, I noticed the washer was loose and some metal filings.I went to loosen the nut off the valve and snap! The threaded end broke off. I’m thinking this was loose for awhile causing that washer to wear on the valve causing it to weaken? Regardless I need a new valve and probably a nut and washer. But, I can’t find one online to buy. Anyone have any idea what website to check? Or does anyone have a pro-x parts sled? Also, would blue loctite be a good idea in the future? Thanks.

·
Registered
43,072 Posts
I was recently cleaning the exhaust valves in my 2004 pro x 600 and noticed one bellow was loose, I noticed the washer was loose and some metal filings.I went to loosen the nut off the valve and snap! The threaded end broke off. I’m thinking this was loose for awhile causing that washer to wear on the valve causing it to weaken? Regardless I need a new valve and probably a nut and washer. But, I can’t find one online to buy. Anyone have any idea what website to check? Or does anyone have a pro-x parts sled? Also, would blue loctite be a good idea in the future? Thanks.
You may not believe this, but i punched in the valve part # and it came up available on amazon for 87.49 apiece for immediate delivery. Theres 2 available in stock.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may not believe this, but i punched in the valve part # and it came up available on amazon for 87.49 apiece for immediate delivery. Theres 2 available in stock.
What would the part number be for these? Thank you for looking for me I couldn’t find the part number so have been trying to find it by name

·
Registered
49 Posts
FWIW, I just went through this myself. Those valves are a real maintenance PIA. As usual, I just type “Polaris part xxxxx” into eBay, and there they are. Also, K&W Cycle in Utica had what I needed in stock. If someone knows a secret to keeping those things in one piece, please share.

·
Registered
2020 Indy XCR 800 129", 2019 Indy 850 129", 2011 IQ Turbo 121"
2,826 Posts
Way back, some of those valves had a long allen head setscrew screwed into the valve instead of the stud as a machined part of the valve. Someone with machining equipment could make a repair for you.

·
Registered
43,072 Posts
What would the part number be for these? Thank you for looking for me I couldn’t find the part number so have been trying to find it by name
For what its worth i took the part # from one i ordered years ago for one of our guys....5133380. I just tried it again this morning, and it no longer came up under amazon, but now eBay for twice the price. Very strange.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

·
Registered
43,072 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No its a 700 big block valve. I'd say try to find a good used one, either eBay or sled salvage yards like al's snowmobile warehouse.
Okay sounds good appreciate the help I’ll see if I can find a reasonable used one. Too bad there doesn’t seem to be too many around. Thanks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts