Hardcore Sledder banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
I installed the new cable and compared to my old. The new one was .010 longer than the original. I highly doubt that 10 thou will affect anything.

My old one felt ok... but I just did a top-end rebuild, motor mounts, etc. and wanted to go ahead and put a fresh cable on while everything was apart anyway. I lubed it with a bit of teflon spray. I'll keep the old as an emergency spare.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have replace the cable in both my 2015 and 16 Axys sleds. I have changed 6 cables that were broken at the crimp on the valve side of the cable in my shop this year. I carry a spare with me now and have used it twice in the last couple of weeks on the trail for buddies machines. Did one Saturday night at 10pm. If your sled all of sudden won`t go over 6000rpm and engine light flashes check the cable first as I bet it is broken. Move the actuator arm back and forth and stick your finger up under the valve housing to see if the valves are moving, if not your cable is toast. I hope Polaris updates this cable as I have replaced many and they all fail in the same place.
Did have your s
I have replace the cable in both my 2015 and 16 Axys sleds. I have changed 6 cables that were broken at the crimp on the valve side of the cable in my shop this year. I carry a spare with me now and have used it twice in the last couple of weeks on the trail for buddies machines. Did one Saturday night at 10pm. If your sled all of sudden won`t go over 6000rpm and engine light flashes check the cable first as I bet it is broken. Move the actuator arm back and forth and stick your finger up under the valve housing to see if the valves are moving, if not your cable is toast. I hope Polaris updates this cable as I have replaced many and they all fail in the same place.
Did you have your sled tuned with the polaris (digital wrench) software @ the dealership like the manual say's to do? I just did a motor rebuild with MCB durability kit forged pistons and new crank seals, trued crankshaft and all new gaskets. While disassembling my motor i noticed the same problem with the cable and ordered

e

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cable broke on my 2016 Axys today. Has 4000km on it.
The sled would not go over 7000rpm (Have clutch kit).

41 - 43 of 43 Posts