Hardcore Sledder banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
It's worth the gamble for them because most people won't fight it. Pay the ticket and move on. In a couple weeks the local paper's court news here will be full of Mass, NH, and CT names with noise violations and left of center violations. No way is someone driving back up here to fight a 130$ ticket.
And locally, they are hammering both of those infractions after the fatal accidents of the past weekend, just to make a strong presence of law enforcement.
Left of center?Do they paint lines on your trails?

·
Registered
6,163 Posts
They put sticks in the trail and a fish cop hides in the woods with a camera. Sneaky fuckers

Sent from my SM-J737V using Tapatalk
I never heard of such a crazy thing as riding on the "wrong side"of a snowmobile trail.If nobody is coming the other way I use every inch of the trail!

·
Registered
356 Posts
In the last five years I've ridden about as many miles in Maine as I have in NY.

I don't know if it's because of "left of center" tickets or not, but I have many fewer close calls in Maine with the special breed of self-entitled short-bus-riding window-licking crayon eaters who like to come around blind left hand corners hugging the inside (my side) of the corner.

In Maine that has only happened to me once or twice a season. In parts of NY, it's maybe once or twice a day, if not more.

·
Premium Member
1,661 Posts
I got a ticket last year in about the same area you did. Only difference mine was a mod stock muffler on a turbo. I asked the Dec officer what about the DB test and says no such thing it is stock or not stock. Well I wrote a letter to town of redfield explaining my case and still had to go to court. Drove up after work for court. I did all my research on the NY State OPRHP 25.17E law. As well my wife works at an ear, nose and throat DR. office and was able to get me the needed information on how there is no possible way that they can have a "trained ear" and go by judgement to prove a DB test should have been done. Well long story short ticket thrown out, no tickets no fine. I'm for upholding the law and enforcement of rules but have the tools to do so or don't bother. Be polite, educated and have a picture that the stock muffler is on your machine (I know it already is but they will want to see it), with a piece of paper with the date on it as proof and you should be fine. At the trail side run in with the Dec officer he told me to take before and after pictures, that the stock muffler was on and they would drop it. But I felt I did not break the law as it wasn't proven so I didn't opt for that, i Opted for being educated and able to stand up for what's right. Hope everything works out for you! Side note after that I had my ECU retuned and now run the stock muffler.

·
Registered
3,950 Posts
Has anybody heard from Jersey joe? So (no I’m not joking ) I heard that somebody that goes by the name Jersey joe may have been killed riding . Again I’m not being funny. But I have 0 facts that it’s true and 0 facts that it would be same guy. Just wondering . I hope not.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts