Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrapped mine in heat tape and it still is melted and disintegrated to nothing in less than 500 miles. I love my F but seems like another engineering design that would earn an F in high school shop class. Let's see... rubber ball between to pieces of hot metal... Great idea LOL!

Top that they are back ordered and Cat tells my dealer "Oh we have never heard of that being an issue" So why are they back ordered?

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There can only be one explanation... you don't ride it hard enough to put much heat in the pipe? I will admit to pretty much riding WFO but in deep pow that's about the only way.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Just another Arctic Crap Great Engineering Feats. Stupid, cheap, and not high quality. I am happy with my F7. but there are a LOT of quality issues that desperately need to be addressed. Just my thoughts.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to agree. This is not intended to be a bash thread but bottom line it is pretty poor design. Go out in the garage and take a peak at yours. I would bet most are cooked and peeps don't even know it? Someone explain how rubber against hot exhaust pipe is going to last?

·
Registered
962 Posts
I dont know but the enginieers must have never done burnouts before, Heat plus Rubber = Melting Rubber

·
Registered
84 Posts
Slider79 Posted on Feb 21 2003, 12:10 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I dont know but the enginieers must have never done burnouts before, Heat plus Rubber = Melting Rubber[/b]
Gotta love the burning tire rubber smell.I wish they made an air freshener in that scent.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So explain to me you guys who think you are riding hard and your "ball" is fine, how that is? Do you think your exhaust pipe get's hot? Maybe your ball is made out of a different material? I call BS on something. It's rubber and the exhaust on every sled I have ever owned get's freakin hot. To say you have put 1300 "hard" miles on your sled and the ball is fine... take a pic of your odometer and the ball and post it because I don't believe it LOL!

Why are they back ordered from Cat??

·
Registered
960 Posts
Just went into the garage my balls fine, but its only an f5 w/ 650 beat to SH*T miles but the balls not directly on the pipe like you say, maybey if it was a different type of space age rubber crap that diddnt melt it would be a good idea. Hasnt robs ball melted!!!

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
Originally posted by duke1n@Feb 21 2003, 07:55 AM
So explain to me you guys who think you are riding hard and your "ball" is fine, how that is? Do you think your exhaust pipe get's hot? Maybe your ball is made out of a different material? I call BS on something. It's rubber and the exhaust on every sled I have ever owned get's freakin hot. To say you have put 1300 "hard" miles on your sled and the ball is fine... take a pic of your odometer and the ball and post it because I don't believe it LOL!

Why are they back ordered from Cat??
Duke,it probably comes down to the fact that you ride WOT alot more than the average joe that rides trails.I do ride hard and do have 1700 miles on mine and the ball looks good,a little squished,but never the less ,not melted.FYI-the automoyive industry has been using the same type of siliconized rubber for years on catalytic converter exhaust emmision tubes,and the exaust passes THRU the rubber in that application. ;)

·
Registered
820 Posts
IF YOU DONT KNOW WHERE THE BALL IS ,,,,NAUGHTY NAUGHTY ,,,SOME OF YOU HAVENT BEEN CHECKING YOUR CYLINDERS,,, IN THE NEW PRERIDE RULES YOU HAVE TO CHECK CYLINDERS ;) JUST KIDDING.
ANYWAYS BETWEEN THE THREE OF OUR F7s WE HAVE WELL OVER 3000 MILES AND NO BALL PROBLEMS.

·
Registered
6,976 Posts
My ball is fine and that's on a 440 race sled. Don't tell me that pipe doesn't get hot. Maybe they had a bad run of them come through.

Cat S.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts