Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how to modify an exhaust system on an RX-1 or know anyone that does??? Because I heard that someone "gutted" their muffler, and I was wondering how it sounded and also how to do it.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
talk to motohd66 he did his its louder.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
You can gut the exhaust but with out a turbo to muffle it the sound is very loud. Aftermarket exhausts work well on that sled & will give you added performance...ie> white knuckle!

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
the other one is excel...I love it...like a 4-1 system for an R1....sounds amazing too

·
Registered
9 Posts
When we did our exhuast system is was pretty trick, we riged in a butterfly system with a lever near the back of the tunnel and when the lever was down the muffler would be bypassed and it would sound insanly loud, then when you put the lever up it would go through the muffler for a quiet stock sound.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
that is a cool setup but at what weight penalty? got a muffler, and the butterfly system is more weight, something the RX1 does not need..but very trick idea for trail riders. any hp increase with the pipe open compared to closed?

·
Registered
9 Posts
We never really dinoed it or radared it but we will the winter, It seems to be slightly faster. THe system doesn't add any more then 1/2 pound to the sled. I was a great idea for trial riding so we went with it and it is a nice feature when you pass by the dnr or want to impress your buddies because it is VERY LOUD. If you ever check out our website at www.cbperformanceparts.com you can see we know the rx1 needs a diet and that it why we make the lightest front end on the market for it. You should check it out.

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
cool!

sounds like an awsome product.

I will check your stuff out for sure.

·
Registered
124 Posts
How about you just leave it alone and ride the damn thing. It amazes me how guys want more noise on the trail. I just bought an 05 RX1 for just that reason. It's bad enough were losing land every time we turn around, how about you just enjoy your RX1.

I've been driving for a long time and have had all types, my last sled was an 02 ZR 800 EFI, so I'm not an old timer just a mere 36yrs old. I am quite sure that your RX1 has enough power to shove your ass into your helmet without modifying your exhaust.

So forgive me if I don't share your enthusiasm when it comes to adding a soup can to one's sled.

Let's keep our trails open.l

I

1 - 9 of 9 Posts