Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup exhaust leaks all over Carbs, looks like Crap. notch on dougnut is in right place, used Hightemp Orange silicone all around all surfaces and still leaks. (Old fix) tapped with rubber mallet nothing works did from time I first pulled the cord.
wondering is it just my sled or a lot of us?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have not had a problem with my f7, and niether has my buddy. Check to make sure the orange silicone is oil resistant. I use a ultra black hi temp, rtv silicone gasket maker, which has outstanding oil resistance.

Hope this helps.

:D Hell Cat.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hey Snoblind..they pretty much all leak at 1st..its just till they seat properly..which takes a few miles but nothing carb cleaner wont clean up :lol: is it a 5 or 7 ?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by Snowblind@Jan 10 2003, 09:18 PM
Yup exhaust leaks all over Carbs, looks like Crap. notch on dougnut is in right place, used Hightemp Orange silicone all around all surfaces and still leaks. (Old fix) tapped with rubber mallet nothing works did from time I first pulled the cord.
wondering is it just my sled or a lot of us?
Snowblind,
Did you take the large doughnut gasket off the Y-pipe and apply your sealer to where the inside of that doughnut gasket slides onto the Y-pipe? That's the most important area to seal... Did this to mine and used HondaBond and it sealed up nicely. -John

·
Registered
147 Posts
My F5 leaked all over the place, so I removed the exhaust pipe and I found out that the donut was chiped in two different places (dealer chiped it on setup) I got a new donut and installed the pipe.
But, first I sprayed the pistons and cylinders with Amsoil power foam to inspect the pistons and back side cylinders - both were good.
That caused even more problems with leaking though, by thinning out the injector oil build up - so I wraped a rag around the exhaust and ran the engine until warm, shut off and repeated until the mess was cleaned up.
I don't think anything will stick on the graphite donuts anyways, and where the spray comes out is the cut outs on the donut.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
I put aluminum foil around my donut and after 200mi took it off and no more leaks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts