Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the RT canister from Black Magic or any other canister? I would like to put one on, and would appreciate any info. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
if you don't plan on throwing you thousand dollar efi system out the door, don't get the black magic pipes, make sure you read the fine prints on the ads.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
i talked to tim berg at blackmagic about a week ago and these canisters are not

yet being released not done testing
(r/t canister for f-7)

·
Registered
899 Posts
I too would leave the system alone. I have yet to meet a person who was happy with the performance of his sled after he screwed with the exhaust system. Less weight, but less performance.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I have an 02 zr600efi. I was told NOT to get a silencer for the efi, but I went with the MBRP for the efi version. I love it, the best investment I ever made. No problems no lost power, NONE gained either, but worth every penny! :)

·
Registered
738 Posts
Like 250 said, it's all about the sound. Nothing too ubnoxious. Lose a few pounds and gain some mental horsepower. I've ran MBRP for 3 years without any ill effects. I've got one ordered for my 7 but there still not done with them. If I find that it's no good for the sled, I'll have to try and sell it!!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Originally posted by Doze00F7@Dec 12 2002, 07:23 PM
Like 250 said, it's all about the sound. Nothing too ubnoxious. Lose a few pounds and gain some mental horsepower. I've ran MBRP for 3 years without any ill effects. I've got one ordered for my 7 but there still not done with them. If I find that it's no good for the sled, I'll have to try and sell it!!
Oh ya it's all about the sound , thats what the land owner says when he closes your favorite trail ! I'm told some states & canada are cracking down , if it doesn't sound stock they check , if they can tell it's ticket city ! Oh well it'll look good hangin on the wall in your garage.

·
Registered
146 Posts
:lol: everyone wines about noise on sleds, but every harley owner shakes the pavement apart and no
one says anything, if it sounds SWEET and if its loud enough to toss a poo rider off his sled when your
passing, then that's the one I want.

dt

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
I think of it as a safety issue, burp it when you go to pass someone & then they know your there, it is like an airhorn.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Originally posted by dallief7@Dec 13 2002, 09:00 AM
:lol: everyone wines about noise on sleds, but every harley owner shakes the pavement apart and no
one says anything, if it sounds SWEET and if its loud enough to toss a poo rider off his sled when your
passing, then that's the one I want.

dt
The difference is, 100's of Harley's aren't driven through someone's back yard day and night. That would be enough to close the road near their house. Same thing for the trail. :wacko:

·
Registered
283 Posts
I have an MBRP on order, and will proudly drive it on trails, lakes etc... without a worry in my mind about the bored, mad at life, homebody, milk's too cold, cofee's too hot, bitch for bitching's sake, people in this world with nothing better to do. The noise IS NOT THAT BAD PEOPLE!!!!! It's only for a second or two as the sled goes by. my 4 cents worth......sorry, but this subject brings out a lot of hipocryts in this sport especially. You hip's know who you are. :angry:

·
Registered
283 Posts
Point being... The people that are complaining about the noise would find something else to complain about if there was no noise. Let's all just let them win, and quit snowmobiling all together. They polute too much, make too much noise, run over little trees, etc.... HOW CAN WE LIVE WITH OURSELVES!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

·
Registered
738 Posts
Yes! How can we? These people live with no one around for 8 months out of the year. My 3 seconds of going by there house should make them happy to see someone. JK. Anyway, you can still be quiet with a 'can'. Just don't be so throttle happy when passing by sleeping house! I've yet to have a problem with one!

·
Registered
242 Posts
My question is "Why does it seem that everyone in snowmobile communities hate snowmobilers" In the winter months, we are responsible for most of the towns revenue. They would not have the opportunity to live in most of these places with tourist revenue, both summer and winter. I was in Paradise (UP) last year eating at a packed diner. All snowmobilers. The waitress bitched about snowmobilers the whole time. Come to find out, the owner was trying to get snowmobilers banned from town. This in a town that has been named top snowmobile destination in the US. My attitude is if you don't like snowmobile either quiet or loud, MOVE!!!!.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts