Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2016 AXYS 600. Trying to remove the exhaust can, unhooked all the springs, thinking this should just pull right out, but it's not moving. Am I missing something??

·
Registered
2018 XCR Switchback 800
1,605 Posts
Have to pull it UPWARD to get it off the cross bar it rests on.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have to pull it UPWARD to get it off the cross bar it rests on.
I must have to "man handle" it. I noticed it sits on that rail, that is what I was doing, pulling it straight up:dunno::dunno: Thought there might of been something else.

·
Administrator
20,719 Posts
Make sure you have ALL OF THE SPRINGS removed ... as @stormrider3 mentioned, there's a hidden gem down by the chaincase. It's kind of a PITA to get at, so be patient.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Make sure you have ALL OF THE SPRINGS removed ... as @stormrider3 mentioned, there's a hidden gem down by the chaincase. It's kind of a PITA to get at, so be patient.
I must not have seen that spring, will have to inspect again. Thanks so much for the replies

·
Registered
189 Posts
exhaust removal

I must not have seen that spring, will have to inspect again. Thanks so much for the replies
Take a long piece of thin , but strong string and thread it thru the top hook of the lower spring. Fish the two ends up near the top of the can...pull up and then out, this will unhook the spring. Installing the spring is a PITA. Clip the lower end of the spring to the "bar" before installing the can. I tie the string to the top hook so I do not loose it behind the can. Pull up and "steer" it into position.
The can does slide into a rail near the bottom of the can, but there is also a post that it must seat on, too.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Take a long piece of thin , but strong string and thread it thru the top hook of the lower spring. Fish the two ends up near the top of the can...pull up and then out, this will unhook the spring. Installing the spring is a PITA. Clip the lower end of the spring to the "bar" before installing the can. I tie the string to the top hook so I do not loose it behind the can. Pull up and "steer" it into position.
The can does slide into a rail near the bottom of the can, but there is also a post that it must seat on, too.
I was able to get it removed. Those springs are no fun at all.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
I drank a few beers, before, during, and after.

These newer sleds are not user friendly for maintenance.
bah just need the proper tools.

its liek going from a gm vehicle to a vw. they both are not that hard to work on just different methods of assembly.

years ago i found the perfect piece of stainless steel rod and bent a nice long slightly flexible spring puller. took the time to grind the curved end to smoothly engage and release form the spring. lots of spring pullers out there but some are too big and bulky and some are to wimpy wimpy wimpy.

congrats on your weight loss (that is if that can was exchanged for a light weight unit)

·
Registered
636 Posts
This exhaust system can be a real "C" word without the proper tools and patience that is for sure.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts