Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a '92 Exciter II over the summer. Cleaned up the carbs, put in fresh petrol and fired her up. Problem is she goes up to 3000rpm and then sits there stuttering like the timing is retarding or something. While this is happening a red light on the dash, labeled TORS is blinking. I don't know much about Yamis so if anyone could give advice I'd really be greatful. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,818 Posts
Thats the TORS (throttle over ride system) that will 'retard' the timing in case the throttle sticks. You can disconnect the wires near the carbs and it should go away. Just dont get ice in your cables...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yamahauler you rock! I'll disconnect them just to see if she's running right. Do you think it's an electrical glitch that they are actuating in the warm weather now?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just disconnecting wont do the job. If it working correctly it should flash upon fire up and then go out.

If you want to bypass you must disconnect from carbs and put in a jumper wire on the wires coming out of the sled.

Should do the trick or at least count out that as the problem.

Could also be bad CDI box also. I happen to have one that I swapped out on mine wasn't the problem so it is a good one.

What did you pay for it if I may ask.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Originally posted by ev1001@Dec 19 2005, 04:41 PM
Just disconnecting wont do the job.  If it working correctly it should flash upon fire up and then go out. 

If you want to bypass you must disconnect from carbs and put in a jumper wire on the wires coming out of the sled.

Should do the trick or at least count out that as the problem.

Could also be bad CDI box also.  I happen to have one that I swapped out on mine wasn't the problem so it is a good one.

What did you pay for it if I may ask.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=1125374
[/quote]
Well i just sold mine for $900.00.5,000 mi.I've also had that problem before.It may also be a cable adjustment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts