Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 600 miles on mine and there seems to be alote of play when you hold the handlebars and lighty push front to back and push/pull side to side. I looked closely and I can see(looking from the top just in front of the gas tank) that there appears to be a plastic steering post support and it seems to have worn slightly due to the fact that the steering post is metal and the holder is plastic(softer than metal). Anyone else notice this excessive play pn their F5 or F7??
-John
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,417 Posts
yeah its normal just tighten the two nuts a little every 300-500 miles and it shouldnt be a prob. did you look at the bottom of the collumn where it attaches to the frame? Make sure that doesnt move if it does you can tighten the nut from underneath very easily
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
84 Posts
I have about the same mileage as you & just noticed the same play today in the same spot. I also noticed some play in the pivot in the front of the sled. I do not know how long it has been like this b/c I just picked the sled up "used"
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
298 Posts
same here, was told nothing could be adjusted its the ball joints loosining along with all the other parts that make up the stearing assembly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by schifty@Jan 27 2003, 09:45 PM
same here, was told nothing could be adjusted its the ball joints loosining along with all the other parts that make up the stearing assembly.
What I am talking about is not steering free-play, its the actual steering post(forward & back) moving in the holder....
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
You need to tighten the two nyloc nuts that fasten the post to the gas
tank. That's it. Think about putting lock wachers and non nyloc nuts.
Todd
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by GF7PE@Jan 27 2003, 09:41 PM
yeah its normal just tighten the two nuts a little every 300-500 miles and it shouldnt be a prob.
GF7PE,

That fixed it. Thanks! I really like easy fixes. :D
-John
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by zeus@Jan 27 2003, 09:54 PM
You need to tighten the two nyloc nuts that fasten the post to the gas
tank. That's it. Think about putting lock wachers and non nyloc nuts.
Todd
zeus,
Thanks, that worked.
-John
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top