Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 ZR 600 EFI. The oils consumption is running at 25:1. The sled responds well in most all riding conditions. The exception is at long intervals of trail riding at 10-20 mph. It will occassionally foul plugs if I don't get it cleaned out quick enough. Most the other posts were on carb models. The marks all line up perfect. It has always used alot oil but has gotten excessive over the 1000 mi. Sled has 2700 mi.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
362 Posts
something is definitely not right. efi arctic cat's simply don't foul spark plugs.i've had five and thousands of miles on each and not one fouled plug. i would try backing down the pump(a little at a time)and see if consumption decreases. i'm also curious as to how your power valves are holding up with all that oil ?

·
Registered
362 Posts
something is definitely not right. efi arctic cat's simply don't foul spark plugs.i've had five and thousands of miles on each and not one fouled plug. i would try backing down the pump(a little at a time)and see if consumption decreases.

·
Registered
254 Posts
ZZZ08G,

I have the same sled, and it had the same problem. You should back down the pump a little, but there is a catch. On these sleds they use a solid link connection from the butterflys to the oil pump. This really limits your adjustablity, but you can turn down the pump enough to make the problem better, not cure it.

If you let it idle too long will it studder when taking off again until it clears it self out?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just back off your pump a little bit. It is quite easy. Just pop that link off, lengthen it and pop it back on. I turned my about 2.5 turns and still uses a little too much oil.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts