Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went up to Tug yesterday for about 3 hours and put 60 miles on. Just got the exhaust on. Seat of the pants it pulls even stronger, going to run it against my FX hopefully in the near future. Got a lot of compliments about how it sounded. It's actually very close to stock idling, but the tone is definately different when you give it gas. Sound's mean without being obnoxious or loud. I don't think I'll have problems through checkpoints. Trails were half nice and smooth and other half kinda whooped out.

On flatrock road I was going along at a decent clip but varying the RPM's and then hitting WOT, then letting off looking for any flat spots ect. and this guy on a new Polaris Dragon flys by me. I think it was a 700 but I'm not positive. I caught up with him and was able to pass him coming out of a turn onto a nice long straight (we were being safe, everything on one side of the trail, nothing crazy) and I was able to eek by him. The midrange on this thing really does impress me. He couldn't catch and pass me until the next intersection where I stopped and he continued through. He gave me the thumbs up sign.

Anyways here's some pics. I'll look to bring real world examples of how much this system does in the future. Both in racing my wife's FX and other sleds. I'll try and get some video. The fit and finish on the pipe and the plastic is better than stock imo. Something that people who decide to go with other pipes should think about. The stock plastic won't work with most of what's out there and the hole that's left by taking the plastic out is very noticeable. Heres some pics.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Went up to Tug yesterday for about 3 hours and put 60 miles on. Just got the exhaust on. Seat of the pants it pulls even stronger, going to run it against my FX hopefully in the near future. Got a lot of compliments about how it sounded. It's actually very close to stock idling, but the tone is definately different when you give it gas. Sound's mean without being obnoxious or loud. I don't think I'll have problems through checkpoints. Trails were half nice and smooth and other half kinda whooped out.

On flatrock road I was going along at a decent clip but varying the RPM's and then hitting WOT, then letting off looking for any flat spots ect. and this guy on a new Polaris Dragon flys by me. I think it was a 700 but I'm not positive. I caught up with him and was able to pass him coming out of a turn onto a nice long straight (we were being safe, everything on one side of the trail, nothing crazy) and I was able to eek by him. The midrange on this thing really does impress me. He couldn't catch and pass me until the next intersection where I stopped and he continued through. He gave me the thumbs up sign.

Anyways here's some pics. I'll look to bring real world examples of how much this system does in the future. Both in racing my wife's FX and other sleds. I'll try and get some video. The fit and finish on the pipe and the plastic is better than stock imo. Something that people who decide to go with other pipes should think about. The stock plastic won't work with most of what's out there and the hole that's left by taking the plastic out is very noticeable. Heres some pics.[/b]
did you find it droning at higher speeds?

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds good,How hard is it to install? I was thinking about doing it to mine but I dont want to void the warrenty.[/b]
No I noticed no droning. It's not to bad of an install really. You go at everything from the top. Take off, seat, plastic and gas tank.

·
Registered
533 Posts
dude the sleds fucking bad ass..i love what you did with the all black..that looks sick as hell...i would love to see a video of this sled running.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts