Hardcore Sledder banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE ARE GETTING A RIDE TOGETHER UP THE GUNFLINT TRAIL AREA. THE REPORTS ON SNOW AND THE TRAILS ARE THEY ARE IN FAIR TO GOOD CONDITION. NOT MUCH SNOW OFF TRAIL BUT THE TRAILS ARE GROOMED AND RIDEABLE.

WE ARE GOING TO GO SAT. MORNING 1/13/07. WE WILL BE MEETING AT THE HOLIDAY GAS STATION IN GRAND MARAIS AT 9:00 A.M. IF YOUR NOT THERE BY 9:30 THEN WE WILL BE LEAVING THEN TO HEAD UP THE GUNFLINT TRAIL. THIS RIDE IS PLANNED FOR JUST THAT DAY BUT IF THE RIDING IS BETTER THAN EXPECTED THEN WE MIGHT GET SOME ROOMS AND RIDE ON SUNDAY ALSO. WE'LL JUST SEE HOW SAT. GO'S AND DECIDE FROM THERE.
SO FAR FIRERED834,FIREBALL440,CRAIZIERCAT,AND ABOUT 4 OTHER FRIENDS ARE GOING BUT WE ARE LOOKING FOR MORE! ANYONE IS WELCOME.

HOPE TO MEET SOME OF YOU H.C.S. GUYS THERE!
MY # IS 218 591 0300 AND MY NAME IS CHRIS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.

THINK SNOW!!!!!!!!!! [attachment=281582:DSCF0936.JPG]CRAIZERCAT ON MY DAUGHTERS 91 377 SCOUT. THIS WAS SOME FUNNY SHIT!

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
I'm going to come up Friday and stay overnight at a friends house in Grand Marais. I'll ride over to the Holiday by 9am Saturday. I'll be riding a orange Polaris 04 Pro XR 800 and have black Klim gear on.
I'm hoping we can stop by Hungry Jack lodge for a beer and to pay my respects to Forrest. Saturday evening I'll probably bail and head over to Lake Vermilion and meet up with my riding buddies.
Dave

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm going to come up Friday and stay overnight at a friends house in Grand Marais. I'll ride over to the Holiday by 9am Saturday. I'll be riding a orange Polaris 04 Pro XR 800 and have black Klim gear on.
I'm hoping we can stop by Hungry Jack lodge for a beer and to pay my respects to Forrest. Saturday evening I'll probably bail and head over to Lake Vermilion and meet up with my riding buddies.
Dave[/b]
hungry jack is in the plans!! who do you know in grand marais? i used to go to school up there back in the day and used to live on devilstrack lake.

·
Registered
2,135 Posts
Gonna be staying at Bluefin this weekend, and plan on heading up to Grand Marais to ride Sat morning/afternoon. Think a buddy or 2 might rent some sleds, so not sure if they'd be down for meeting up with people, as they aren't very experienced, but who knows, would be great to meet up with you guys.

·
Premium Member
2021 850 Pro S SB. 2006 600 Fusion
5,997 Posts
Sounds like fun... I gotta work that day and then later go to annual worker appreciation party, maybe next round!

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just talked to the people at the devils track lake lodge and they said all the people are saying the trails are in great shape for the amount of snow they have. they are out grooming and packing the trails tonight and from devils track all the way up the gunflint the trails are in good shape. also, some of the bigger lakes had unsafe ice conditions but with the recent cold weather at night they have been upgraded to safe! so we should be good to go on this trip and get a few miles on.

i also asked them if its ok to trailer up to devils track and unload the trailers there and they said thats fine, so thats where we will start from and head north up the gunflint.

it sounds like i may need some lortabs after this ride! lol. see ya guys there! :rockernana:

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'll have a brew or two to kill the pain.[/b]
jeff, get back to work! your boss isent paying you to sit on the puter. find something to weld.

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
How many miles is this ride?[/b]
im guessing someware between 100-125mi just a good days ride with plenty of stops along the way and lunch prob. at hungry jack lake lodge or windigo lodge.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
According to weather underground for Wednesday Night in Grand Marais.

Light snow likely. Snow accumulation up to 2 inches. Total snow accumulation 3 to 5 inches. Lows 20 to 25. Southwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Chance of snow 60 percent.

·
Registered
8 Posts
10 of us was just up on the gun-flint last sat. For the snow they do have on the trail's they are in good fair to good. It was good for me till i blew up crank seal melt down my part's should be here thursday friday for the rebuild we got a few of us going back on sunday. All you guys have fun on sat. play it safe. :burp:

1 - 20 of 71 Posts