Hardcore Sledder banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These 4 bolts (two on each side of sled) loosen up unless they are really snugged up.. Check em often! B)

·
Registered
430 Posts
There is a service Bulletin comming out about this. They will put in longer bolts, that is what my dealer told me. They do not have it as of yet.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rob, thanks, checked mine tonite and yes they were loose. i didn't loctite them yet,but i'll check them often untill cat comes out with update.

·
Premium Member
10,637 Posts
Those are the bolts that are replaced, and I think the nuts on the rail ones (doesn't say exactly).

Also you should check the rear scissor lower bolt (long one). Seen a couple not so tight.

·
Registered
580 Posts
MIne has plenty of threads showing past the nylocks...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Service bulletin has been released. It seems like every thing rob brings to our attentions has a service bulleting come out.

A.C. should higher rob for there product testing :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
You guys should definatly check this out. Left front suspension mount bolt was loose on mine. Only 65 mile on sled too...

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have well over 600 miles and could not find a lose bolt on my f7 sp , have not had any problems . still on the same set of hyfaxs also , big change from my yamahahaha :D :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
The front suspension mount bolt through the tunnel right next to the footwells. Mine was very loose on the left side. I checked the nose pieces in the rails too. They were both fine. thread showing through the nyloc ....

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Originally posted by The Outdoor Shop@Dec 21 2002, 10:37 PM
Also you should check the rear scissor lower bolt (long one). Seen a couple not so tight.
Dan,

Thanks for the 'heads up' on the rear lower scissor bolt. I checked mine just now and it was loose. It was far from (1-1/2 turns) from the 30 ft. lb. torque spec.
-John

·
Premium Member
9,228 Posts
Those skid bolts always loosen. I check every few hundred miles. The recall is for the skid bolts. The bolts are too long and the threads are too short and the nylock nut does not snug up tight because the threads are too short.

·
Registered
269 Posts
THANKS ROB!!!! did check rail bolts one side real loose did tighten will checkbolts on running board.you should be our go between man with a/c keep up the good work you do for us B)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts